Liguria Italy Cooking Vacations in Levanto
Liguria may be known best for the Cinque Terre, but travel up the coast on our Liguria Italy cooking vacations, and you’ll discover a hidden gem: the charming surf town of Levanto, also known as ‘the northern door of the Cinque Terre.’ Similar to the Cinque Terre — or ‘five lands’ — Levanto is populated with colorful houses, 20th-century villas overlooking the sea, and small vineyards producing Sciacchetrà wine.
The cuisine here too hails from the garden, sea, and woods, making any local dish a veritable feast of the senses. From seafood to honey, marmalades, and olive patés, delicacies await you on our Liguria food tours. But don’t forget about the herbs — rosemary, sage, thyme, and most importantly basil — as they play an integral role in the regional cuisine, such as the famous Genovese pesto.
Your Italian cooking vacation in Liguria will introduce you to the flavors and sights of one of Italy’s most beautiful regions!
Our Liguria Italy Cooking Vacations
Our top Liguria Italy culinary vacations will delight you with an exploration of the cuisine and gastronomy of this amazing region. You will stay on a family-owned agricultural estate during your Liguria cooking vacation, surrounded by lush gardens. Your culinary tour in Italy will also include:
- hands-on cooking classes with a local chef
- guided visits of Levanto and Corniglia
- full-day guided tour of the Cinque Terre
- plenty of hiking and amazing Ligurian food and wine
- and more!
- Arrive at Levanto train station and private transfer to the agriturismo, your accommodations for your Liguria Italy cooking vacation.
- Meet the owner of the farmhouse and get an introduction to the estate and its organic products, olive groves, and vineyards.
- Enjoy a welcome cocktail followed by a light dinner featuring typical Ligurian ingredients, wine included.
- Enjoy breakfast out on the enchanting flower-filled terrace.
- In the morning, a private car will transfer you to Levanto to meet your private guide. In Levanto, visit the ancient church of Sant’Andrea — the symbol of the village with its black and white stripe facade; and visit the local food market to learn about the fresh vegetables and herbs that are a part of Ligurian cuisine, as well as the fish, olive oil, honey, and other typical products.
- Light lunch in Levanto.
- In the afternoon, attend your first hands-on cooking class with the chef of your accommodations. He will teach you how to prepare typical Ligurian recipes, such as foccacia in the Genovese style, vegetable quiches, and the region’s renowned pesto.
- An aperitvo will be served out on the terrace followed by candlelight dinner based on your efforts.
- Our Liguria Italy cooking vacations continue with a wonderful day in store! Meet your guide in the morning for a full-day tour of the Cinque Terre. You’ll visit the villages of Monterosso, Riomaggiore, Corniglia, and Manarola — these towns make up this stunning area of shoreline and rocky cliffs. Stop for lunch in a typical Manarola restaurant with wonderful views of the sea.
- Dinner on your own. (Return transfer by private car included).
- Meet your guide at the agriturismo, and then take a train to Corniglia. Once there, you’ll depart on a hike that follows Volastra’s Ring, passing through typical Ligurian vineyards (that produce Sciacchetrà wine), and ending in Manarola.
- Your guide will make a recommendation for lunch (on your own).
- Return to Levanto by train.
- In the afternoon, your Liguria cooking vacation continues with your second hands-on cooking class, in which you’ll prepare such dishes as pansotti pasta and pesce alla ligure. Dinner to follow based on your efforts.
- Today is a day on your own. Perhaps take an excursion by train to Portofino and San Fruttuoso, rest at the agriturismo, explore Monterosso, or visit the other villages of the Cinque Terre. You may also rent a bike and take the bike trail that goes along an old railway from Levanto to the enchanting villages of Bonassola and Framura; biking along the sea, you’ll discover marvelous, untouched bays. (The bike route is very easy as it follows an old railway bed.)
- Your Italian cooking vacation in Liguria ends with a farewell dinner in a gourmet restaurant in Levanto (transfers to/from the farmhouse included).
- Breakfast followed by departure to Levanto train station.
Included in our 5-Night Liguria Italy Cooking Vacations
5 nights in a junior suite at a farmhouse in Levanto
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 2 lunches
- 3 dinners
- Local products tastings on day 1 (wine included)
Classes & Instructors
During your 2 hands-on cooking classes you will learn about Ligurian cuisine traditions. Each of your two hands-on cookery courses will focus on typical Ligurian dishes featuring fresh and flavorful ingredients, many of which come straight from the agriturismo’s property.
- Half-day guided visit of Levanto: the church of Sant’Andrea and a local market
- Full-day tour of the Cinque Terre
- Half-day visit of Corniglia and hike of ‘Volastra’s Ring,’ ending in Manarola
- Private transfers between Levanto train station and your accommodations on arrival and departure
- Return transportation from dinner on day 3
- Train ticket to Corniglia
- Beverages with meals (except where specified)
- Local tourist tax (a few Euros per person per night), paid locally
Located just a short drive from the Cinque Terre and 1.5 kilometers from the sea, this 17th century agricultural estate was once the summer home of a Baron. Today, guests can relax on the 15 hectare property, admiring views both of the surrounding olive groves and vineyards but also of a variety of villages in the valleys. Guests from The International Kitchen will stay in junior suite accommodations that feature elegant decorations and antique furniture. Amenities include satellite TV, telephone, heat, and room safe; some rooms have air conditioning. Each and every room has their own garden or terrace with beautiful panaromic views.
Pricing & Tour Dates
Liguria Cooking Vacations in Levanto 2023 Pricing:
5-Night Levanto Cooking Vacation Pricing
US$2950 per person based on double occupancy
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance due 60 days prior. Questions? Please contact us.
Single occupancy: please inquire.
Liguria Italy Cooking Vacations: Tour Dates
Our Italian food and wine tours in Levanto Liguria are available March through October for a minimum of 2 people. See sample tour dates for our Liguria Italy cooking vacations below. Other start dates are also possible for our Liguria culinary vacations, please inquire.
Closed November through February.
Available March through October. Samples dates follow. Please inquire for availability.
April 30-May 5
May 28-June 2
July 30-August 4
August 27-September 1