A Venice Cooking Odyssey
This trip is eligible for special flexible booking terms.
Venice is known around the world as the city of canals, bridges, and stunning architecture, much of which hasn’t changed since the Middle Ages. The enchanting city, comprised of 118 small islands, offers so much to do, see, and of course eat during our 5-night Venice culinary trip. Take the vaporetto, water taxi, between the islands to discover world-class museums such as the Ca’ D’Oro, stroll through the Saint Mark’s Square to the Basilica di San Marco, cross over the “Bridge of Sighs,” or shop in the narrow-laned neighborhoods on our private gastronomic tours in Venice Italy.
Venice is on the Adriatic, so it is no surprise that Venetian food includes a lot of fish and seafood. But the Veneto region also has mountains and plains, and each of these contributes to the regional cuisine as well, all of which you can discover on our 5-night Venice cooking vacation. Polenta and risotto are also popular, as are meat and game dishes.
The best cooking classes in Venice of course must include cicchetti tour (pronounced like “chee-ket-ee), preferably paired with a Venice wine tour to taste the famous Veneto wines and cocktails like the Spritz or Bellini. Cicchetti (spelled cichetti in Venetian) are basically the Venetian version of tapas. You can find them in a the local bars called “bácari” served with a small glass of wine called an “ombra” (shadow).
We think the best food tours in Venice offer a bit of everything: cooking classes, cicchetti, and wonderful meals at local restaurants. During our private gastronomic tours in Venice Italy you will stay in a 4* hotel on Venice island and then move to the Lido, known as the “Golden Island” for the last three nights. The Lido gives you a chance to enjoy a beautiful, authentic getaway away from the crowds of Venice.
If you don’t have time for a longer stay, we also offer a short, 3-night Venice cooking vacation on the Lido.
In addition to small group food tours of Venice in which you will explore the local cuisine, you will have 2 hands-on cooking classes during your stay.
- Transfer from Venice train station or airport by private boat with English-speaking escort.
- Check in to your hotel and time on your own to explore the city. (If you’d like a gondola ride for about 30 minutes, please inquire).
- Welcome dinner in the city. (Wine not included).
- After breakfast, head out for a 3-hour Venice food tour. Your guide will meet you in the lobby, and you will head out to 3 different “bacari” (local bars) to try authentic Venetian cichetti (tapas) and local wines such as the Spritz cocktail, Prosecco, or other white and red Veneto wines.
- Lunch to follow based on your efforts with local wine.
- Time on your own in the afternoon to explore the city. Perhaps book a private guided walking tour of the “Il Castello” district.
- Dinner on your own.
- At 9 a.m., your Venice food tour continues as you meet your assistant to take a taxi boat transfer to reach the Lido di Venezia and check into your boutique hotel.
- Enjoy a morning cooking class with your hostess, utilizing fresh seasonal ingredients. Lunch to follow around 2:30 pm.
- Afternoon at leisure, dinner on your own.
- Meet your English assistant to depart on a ferry for the quiet and charming island of Murano, where you’ll visit a glass factory to see how the glass is made as well as explore a typical artisan boutique to learn about a technique called “a lume.”
- Continue to the Island of Burano, famous for its Venetian handmade laces.
- Lunch in Burano, and then return to the Lido by ferry.
- Rest of afternoon and dinner on your own.
- Following breakfast, meet the chef again in her cooking school and learn how to prepare a traditional Venetian menu featuring seasonal ingredients. Lunch based on your efforts to follow.
- Enjoy the rest of the day on your own.
- Dinner on your own and overnight.
- After breakfast, meet your guide to take the ferry to Venice airport or train station. Arrivederci!
Included in the 5-Night Trip
5 nights accommodation, 2 on Venice island, and 3 nights on the Venice Lido
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 4 lunches
- 1 dinner (beverages not included)
Classes & Instructors
In addition to small group food tours of Venice in which you will explore the local cuisine, you will have 2 hands-on cooking classes during your stay
Experience Venetian cuisine on the island of the Lido in a professional cooking school run by Chef Marika. Through these two wonderful classes, you will learn how to make traditional Venetian menus based on what’s in season. Your menu might include:
- Spinach gnocchi with butter and sage
- Mozzarella ravioli with tomato and basil
- Stuffed calamari with braised artichokes
- Baked seabass Mediterranean-style
- Bresaola roll with pistachio
- Cherry tomatoes with tuna mousse
- Panna cotta with strawberries
- Gastronomic walking tour with “cicchetti” and wine
- Excursion to Murano and Burano
- Glass factory visit on Murano
- Private round trip boat transfer to/from Venice airport or train station*
- Escorted transfer from Venice to the Lido
- Local tourist tax (a few Euros per person per night), paid locally
- Meals and beverages except where indicated
During your 5-night Venice food tour you will first stay at the 4* Hotel Orologio, located on the Grand Canal in the heart of Venice. The modern rooms offer en suite baths, free WiFi, flat screen TVs, minibars, and coffeemakers. There is a lovely bar and lounge. It is one of our favorite hotels on Venice island.
On the Lido you will stay in a charming villa hotel with a rich garden full of herbs and flowers. Rooms include elegant Venetian furnishings and all modern amenities such as air-conditioning, WiFi, TV, and jacuzzi bathtub. It is the perfect place to explore Venetian cuisine on our best food tours in Venice.
A Venice Cooking Odyssey Pricing & Tour Dates
Looking for tour date information?
US$3200 per person based on double occupancy
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
This trip is eligible for special flexible booking terms*, by which your deposit is refundable up to 31 days prior to the trip start date minus a $200 cancellation fee per person. Questions? Please contact us!
*See our terms & conditions for details and exclusions.
Single occupancy pricing: please inquire.
Generally available with a Sunday start date. Sample dates follow for A Venetian Cooking Odyssey. Please inquire for availability.
May 30-June 4
June 27-July 2
August 29-September 3
September 26-October 1
October 31-November 5
November 28-December 3
January 30-February 4
February 27-March 4
March 27-April 1
May 29-June 3
June 26-July 1
July 31-August 5
August 28-September 2
October 30-November 4
November 27-December 2
There are no reviews at this time.
We Can Help Plan It All
Flights, additional nights and tours, Transportation, and Much More
We might not be able to pack for you, but there are tons of things we can help with to make your vacation that much better.
Contact us for more information, or you can indicate your interest during check out and we will follow up directly!