Best Culinary Vacation in Venice
Head to the Adriatic coast on our best Venice cooking vacations and discover this famous city. Venice is known around the world as the city of canals, bridges, and stunning architecture, much of which hasn’t changed since the Middle Ages. The enchanting city, comprised of 118 small islands, offers so much to do, see, and of course eat during our 5-night Venice culinary vacation. Take the vaporetto, or water taxi, between the islands to discover world-class museums such as the Ca’ D’Oro, stroll through the Saint Mark’s Square to the Basilica di San Marco, cross over the “Bridge of Sighs,” or shop in the narrow-laned neighborhoods on our private gastronomic tours in Venice Italy.
Venice is on the Adriatic Sea, so it is no surprise that the food on our Venice cooking vacations includes a lot of fish and seafood. But the Veneto region also has mountains and plains, and each of these contributes to the regional cuisine as well, all of which you can discover on our 5-night Venice culinary tours. Polenta and risotto are also popular, as are meat and game dishes.
The best cooking classes in Venice of course must include cicchetti tour (pronounced like “chee-ket-ee), preferably paired with a Venice wine tour to taste the famous Veneto wines and cocktails like the Spritz or Bellini. Cicchetti (spelled cichetti in Venetian) are basically the Venetian version of tapas. You can find them in a the local bars called “bácari” served with a small glass of wine called an “ombra” (shadow).
We think the best food tours in Venice offer a bit of everything: cooking classes, cicchetti, and wonderful meals at local restaurants. During our private gastronomic tours in Venice Italy you will stay in a 4* hotel on Venice island and then move to the Lido, known as the “Golden Island” for the last three nights. The Lido gives you a chance to enjoy a beautiful, authentic getaway away from the crowds of Venice.
If you don’t have time for a longer stay, we also offer a short, 3-night Venice cooking vacation on the Lido.
Venice Cooking Vacation Tour Details
Our fabulous cooking vacations in Venice include everything you would expect from one of our authentic Italy culinary tours:
- Two hands-on cooking classes Venice with delicious Venetian cuisine
- Beautiful accommodations in Venice and on the Lido
- Venice food tour featuring “cicchetti” and wine
- Visits to Murano and Burano, including a glass factory visit
- Meals as per itinerary
- Transfers and transportation
- Transfer from Venice train station or airport by private boat with English-speaking escort.
- Check in to your hotel and time on your own to explore the city. (If you’d like a gondola ride for about 30 minutes, please inquire).
- Welcome dinner in the city. (Wine not included).
- After breakfast, head out for a 3-hour Venice food tour. Your guide will meet you in the lobby, and you will head out to 3 different “bacari” (local bars) to try authentic Venetian cichetti (tapas) and local wines such as the Spritz cocktail, Prosecco, or other white and red Veneto wines.
- Time on your own in the afternoon to explore the city. Perhaps book a private guided walking tour of the “Il Castello” district.
- Dinner on your own.
- At 9 a.m., your Venice food tour continues as you meet your assistant to take a taxi boat transfer to reach the Lido di Venezia and check into your boutique hotel.
- Enjoy a morning cooking class with your hostess, utilizing fresh seasonal ingredients. Lunch to follow around 2:30 pm.
- Afternoon at leisure, dinner on your own.
- Meet your English assistant to depart on a ferry for the quiet and charming island of Murano, where you’ll visit a glass factory to see how the glass is made as well as explore a typical artisan boutique to learn about a technique called “a lume.”
- Continue to the Island of Burano, famous for its Venetian handmade laces.
- Lunch in Burano, and then return to the Lido by ferry.
- Rest of afternoon and dinner on your own.
- Following breakfast, meet the chef again in her cooking school and learn how to prepare a traditional Venetian menu featuring seasonal ingredients. Lunch based on your efforts to follow.
- Enjoy the rest of the day on your own.
- Dinner on your own and overnight.
- After breakfast, meet your guide to take the ferry to Venice airport or train station. Arrivederci!
Included in the 5-Night Venice Culinary Vacation
5 nights accommodation, 2 on Venice island, and 3 nights on the Venice Lido
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 4 lunches
- 1 dinner (beverages not included)
Classes & Instructors
In addition to small group food tours of Venice in which you will explore the local cuisine, you will have 2 hands-on cooking classes during your stay
Experience Venetian cuisine on the island of the Lido in a professional cooking school run by Chef Marika. Through these two wonderful classes, you will learn how to make traditional Venetian menus based on what’s in season. Your menu might include:
- Spinach gnocchi with butter and sage
- Mozzarella ravioli with tomato and basil
- Stuffed calamari with braised artichokes
- Baked seabass Mediterranean-style
- Bresaola roll with pistachio
- Cherry tomatoes with tuna mousse
- Panna cotta with strawberries
- Gastronomic walking tour with “cicchetti” and wine
- Excursion to Murano and Burano
- Glass factory visit on Murano
- Private round trip boat transfer to/from Venice airport or train station*
- Escorted transfer from Venice to the Lido
- Local tourist tax (a few Euros per person per night), paid locally
- Meals and beverages except where indicated
During your 5-night Venice food tour you will first stay at the 4* Hotel Orologio, located on the Grand Canal in the heart of Venice. The modern rooms offer en suite baths, free WiFi, flat screen TVs, minibars, and coffeemakers. There is a lovely bar and lounge. It is one of our favorite hotels on Venice island.
On the Lido you will stay in a charming villa hotel with a rich garden full of herbs and flowers. Rooms include elegant Venetian furnishings and all modern amenities such as air-conditioning, WiFi, TV, and jacuzzi bathtub. It is the perfect place to explore Venetian cuisine on our best food tours in Venice.
Venice Culinary Vacation Pricing & Tour Dates
See pricing and dates for our Venice culinary vacations below, or contact us for availability or to customize your Venice food tour..
Venice Cooking Odyssey Sample* Pricing:
5-Night Venice Tour Pricing
US$3400 per person based on double occupancy
*Pricing can depend on specific dates booked. Please inquire with specific dates for detailed pricing.
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 60 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
Single occupancy pricing: please inquire.
Venice Culinary Vacation Dates
Our Venice cooking vacations are generally available year round for a minimum of 2 people with a Sunday start date.
Sample dates for A Venetian Cooking Odyssey follow. Please inquire for availability.
February 27-March 4
March 27-April 1
May 29-June 3
June 26-July 1
July 31-August 5
August 28-September 2
October 30-November 4
November 27-December 2
There are no reviews at this time.