Authentic Italian Cooking Vacation
Travel to the very north of Italy for an authentic Italian cooking vacation, and you’ll discover Piedmont, a majestic land of pastures, mountain fortresses, vineyards where Nebbiolo grapes for Barolo wines are grown, and stunning views of the Alps.
This northern region is also home to Turin, a unique and thriving city that is known both for its stunning architecture, including baroque palazzos, as well as its shopping, what with the city’s many charming boutiques.
Your home for your authentic cooking vacation in Italy is also a place where culinary traditions thrive; pair the region’s famous Barolo wines with everything from starters like grissini, to entrees of agnolotti, and desserts of gianduja chocolates and biscotti, and you’ll be living like the locals do.
Just forty minutes outside of Turin is the quaint medieval town of Casalborgone. Situated among the hills, it offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside, which you can experience and see from your accommodations, a family-run bed and breakfast that is a top-rated hotel on TripAdvisor. Once a family home, today this B&B is run by Francesca and her husband Albert, who treat their guests like family.
Come and live like a local during one of our most authentic Italian cooking vacations!
Highlights of Our Authentic Italian Cooking Vacation in Piedmont
Your authentic Italian cooking vacation in Piedmont will introduce you to the flavors of northern Italy during your hands-on cooking classes and your excursions. Whether you are with your hostess Francesca or one of her culinary-expert friends, you will experience Italy like a local.
A sample itinerary for our authentic Italian cooking vacation in Piedmont follows, but we can customize any week to suit your requests. Please note that some activities and excursions are based on seasonal availability.
- Arrive at Chivasso train station and transfer to your bed and breakfast accommodations. (Transfers also available from Turin or Malpensa airport for an additional cost.)
- After checking in, take some time to settle in. If it is summertime, relax by the pool, otherwise relax in your home away from home.
- In the late afternoon, Francesca will you show you around the charming village of Casalborgone; if you like wine, trip to Cantina Massaia for a tasting of local wines.
- Otherwise we can visit the Mulino and buy some fresh flour. If you don’t want to move you can cook a quick dinner with Francesca.
- Dinner with the family at home.
- Breakfast buffet, which includes fresh fruits, eggs, handmade cakes, bread and butter, local cheese and ham, and yogurt, between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- In the morning, return to the kitchen for your first hands-on class, which will focus on the basics of all Italian cuisine: fresh pasta and a perfect ragú.
- Lunch to follow based on your efforts, drinks included.
- In the afternoon, some time on your own.
- In the late afternoon, visit a local producer, depending on your specific interests.
- Dinner tonight on your own (Francesca can make suggestions).
- A light breakfast out on the terrace.
- Today you have a choice of activities. Option 1: Visit Turin with Francesca, where you’ll stop in one of the biggest European markets, “Porta Palazzo,” drink a cappuccino in an historical caffé, see monuments and shops. Stop for a light lunch (paid locally) during your explorations, then continue your visit.
- Option 2: Enjoy a nature walk of an hour and a half with a stop in a local trattoria for lunch (paid locally). Then, in the afternoon, return to the property for a cooking class focussing on aperitivo dishes. Aperitivo to follow.
- Option 3: Cook in the morning and have lunch based on your efforts. Time at leisure, and a wine tasting with a professional sommelier.
- Dinner on your own.
- Breakfast followed by check out.
- If you have time before your train, visit a local pastry shop to sample the wares of one of the best pastry chefs in the world!
- Return transfer to Chivasso train station.
Authentic Italian Cooking Vacation in Piedmont Trip Details
Included in the 3-Night Italian Cooking Vacation
3 nights accommodations at B&B
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 1 lunch, plus the fruits of your second cooking class (which can be lunch or an aperitivo)
- 1 dinner
- Local wine, water and coffee with included meals
Classes & Instructors
Your 2 cooking classes with your hostess Francesca are very much made to order! Your first class will normally focus on pasta, and the second will depend on the activities you choose for day three of the itinerary, but in all cases the classes will follow the seasonal ingredients.
- Tour of Casalborgone with your hostess
- Seasonal food visit
- Excursion to Turin or nature walk
- Pastry shop visit
- Group arrival and departure transfers Chivasso train station
- Transfers can also be arranged from/to Turin ($100 round trip) or Malpensa airport ($320 round trip).
- Entrance/museum tickets
Stay in a charming bed and breakfast, which is adjacent to a castle, in the historic center of the medieval town Casalborgone. The family-owned property offers six rooms, all with double beds and ensuite bathrooms, that are decorated with antique furniture but in different styles. All rooms have WiFi. The property also features a lovely garden, terrace, and swimming pool that overlooks the hills of Turin.
Authentic Italian Culinary Vacation Pricing & Tour Dates
Find pricing and dates for our authentic Italian culinary vacation in Piedmont below, and contact us for availability or to plan your trip.
3-Night Piedmont Cooking Vacation Pricing
US$1100 per person based on double occupancy
- Add US$200 for single occupancy (use of a double room by 1 person)
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 60 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
Cost to run private trip for 1 person: $1575.
Authentic Italian Cooking Vacation in Piedmont Tour Dates
Our authentic Italian culinary vacations in Piedmont are available any dates you choose for a minimum of 2 people. Sample dates are posted, but please inquire for availability.
Sample dates, please inquire.
March 29-April 1
May 31-June 3
June 28-July 1
August 30-September 2
November 29-December 2
We can help plan the most authentic Italian cooking vacations!
Whether you need assistance with flights, additional nights or cooking classes in Italy, transportation, or more, we are here to help you plan the perfect Italian cooking vacation.We can also design a cooking vacation tailor made to your requests.
You May Also Like Our Other Authentic Italy Culinary Vacations
Italian Food & Wine Tours and Cooking Courses in Piedmont