Thai Cooking Classes in Bangkok & Chiang Mai
Thailand, the fabled land of Siam, is rife with attractions from bustling modern cities to golden tropical beaches and a world-famous cuisine. It is a famously friendly country, known as ‘The Land of Smiles’ for the hospitality of the Thai people. From the northern mountains to the Gulf of Thailand in the south, this tropical land is a verdant paradise for the culinary traveler. Thai cuisine is some of the most popular, healthiest (and most delicious) in the world, combining the five fundamental tastes of sweet, sour, spicy, bitter, and salty.
The capital city Bangkok is a bustling place, with roads packed with cars and noisy tuk tuks, pavements crammed with ramshackle food stalls, and shrines laden with fragrant flowers. In the north Chiang Mai is surrounded by hills and exhibits its distinctive Lanna inheritance through its architecture, handicrafts, and cuisine. Considered Thailand’s cultural hub, Chiang Mai is home to silk weavers, artists, and wood carvers.
Embark on a foodie tour in Bangkok to explore the diverse flavors of the city and take a cooking class in Chiang Mai to make a wealth of memories on our Taste of Thailand itinerary!
The Details of Bangkok And Chiang Mai Cooking Vacations
Your food tour in Bangkok and Chiang Mai includes accommodations and activities as per the itinerary. But we can easily customize your Thai food tour to suit your tastes and the length of stay desired. Contact us to start planning.
The itinerary for our food tour in Bangkok is provided as a sample and is subject to change based on the chosen dates. The order of activities may vary to ensure the best possible experience for our guests.
Order of activities subject to change depending on the specific dates.
- Arrival at Bangkok airport and transfer to your hotel.
- Free time to rest or explore, with dinner on your own.
- Overnight in Bangkok.
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Today, depart around 8:30 am to see the highlights of Bangkok. (Please note that proper attire is required: no bare shoulders or knees, no strap-heeled shoes. You will be required to remove shoes before entering all temples.) You will visit two of the most important sights of Bangkok, the Reclining Buddha at Wat Po—a giant supine Buddha covered in gold leaf—and the Grand Palace, a “must see” for every visitor to Thailand. Located near the banks of the Chao Phraya River, the Grand Palace is the perfect example of an ancient Siamese court. Within the compound you will find the Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Pra Kaew).
- Lunch in a Thai restaurant.
- This afternoon, travel on the Chao Phraya River (The River of Kings) and on through the canals (Klongs) of Thonburi. You will be able to observe and photograph serene family homes and temples along the waterways, which gave the city the name “The Venice of the East.” You will also stop at one of the most photographed sites in Bangkok, the Wat Arun. The majestic shrine has a pagoda 76 meters high, decorated with glazed ceramics that reflect the rising sun and give the temple its name. (Note that the temple may still be undergoing renovation, but the temple compound remains open.)
- Back to your hotel to refresh.
- Pickup from your hotel in the afternoon and transfer to Chinatown for a walk along the narrow streets filled with thousands of vendors and food stalls. Taste various dishes — from Hong Kong noodies and Dim-Sum, to grilled jumbo prawn and fried battered mussels — and learn about the food, history, culture, and religion of Chinatown before returning to your hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel, then transfer to the Bangkok airport for a flight to the lovely northern city of Chiang Mai.
- Arrival at Chiang Mai airport, meet and greet with your guide, and transfer to the hotel.
- Lunch on your own.
- This afternoon, meet your guide for a tour of Chiang Mai. You will visit the Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, a sacred temple with a challenging flight of stairs flanked by Naga serpents, as well as Wat Chedi Luang, the site of a formerly massive pagoda that was destroyed in the great earthquake of 1545. Next, return to the city center to visit additional impressive temples, such as Wat Suan Dok, which once was home to the Thai monarchy in the 14th century; today it’s home to the ashes of several white Chedis as well as a famous Monk school. Lastly, visit Wat Jedyod, also known as the Temple of Seven Spires.
- Transfer back to your hotel, and dinner on your own.
- Overnight in Chiang Mai.
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- This morning, visit a jungle area to experience the Elephant Care Centre. After a brief about safety, you’ll spend the morning at the camp participating in a variety of activities; in addition to interacting with the elderly elephants, you can learn how to make grinded grass, feed the elephants bananas, make herb balls, and even bathe with the elephants. You may also visit the elephant cemetery.
- This afternoon, transfer to the outskirts of Chiang Mai for a great Thai cooking experience. The Lanna-style school is located in a countryside village. Learn about Thai ingredients, and use them during your cooking lesson. Dinner to follow, transfer back to the hotel.
- Breakfast at your hotel, and transfer to the airport. (If you would like, we can arrange a return flight to Bangkok for an additional US$160 per person.)
Trip Details of Our Best Cooking Classes in Bangkok
Included in the 4-Night Food Tour in Bangkok & Chiang Mai
4 nights accommodation (2 nights in superior room in Bangkok and 2 nights in deluxe room in Chiang Mai)
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 1 lunch
- 1 tasting tour dinner
- Meal (lunch or dinner) after cooking class
Classes & Instructors
Chiang Mai food tours offer a unique culinary experience in the countryside village near the city. Take a Lanna-style cooking class to create traditional Thai dishes with locally sourced ingredients.
- Guided tour of Bangkok
- Cruise on the Chao Phraya River
- Excursion to Chinatown
- Guided tour of Chiang Mai
- Visit to the Elephant Care Center
- Arrival transfer from Bangkok airport
- Departure transfer to Chiang Mai airport
- English-speaking guide for all excursions
- Internal flight, Bangkok-Chiang Mai (Current fuel surcharges are included; however, these are subject to change prior to tour start date.)
- Entrance fees
- Ground transportation in private A/C vehicle
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Return flight from Chiang-Mai to Bangkok (can be arranged for an additional US$160 per person)
- Visa fees (if applicable)
- Trip insurance (Please note that our international partners require travelers to have travel insurance for this itinerary. You may order travel insurance through us or another company, but proof of coverage may be requested.)
The upscale 4* Well Hotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20 is located in a modern building near the city center. The posh rooms offer modern furnishings, smart TVs, WiFi, minibars, tea/coffee makers, and marble bathrooms. There is an international restaurant, a rooftop saltwater pool, gym, and spa.
The sophisticated 4* Dusit Princess Hotel in Chiang Mai is located in the city center and offers relaxed, elegant rooms, WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and tea/coffeemakers. There are 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and a gym.
Bangkok Thai Foodie Tour Pricing & Dates
Below are the dates and pricing for Bangkok cooking vacations in Thailand. Contact us to book your trip or check availability.
4-Night Bangkok Cooking Classes Sample* Pricing:
US$1500 per person based on double occupancy
- Add US$350 for single occupancy (use of a double room by 1 person)
- Add US$195 per person to upgrade to 5* hotel
*Pricing can vary by season and specific dates booked. Please inquire!
Peak/festive season supplement, if applicable (i.e. during major holidays): please inquire
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 60 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
4-Night Chiang Mai & Bangkok Cooking Tour Dates
Available any dates for a minimum of 2 people.
Please inquire for available dates.
We Can Help Plan the Best Thai Cooking Classes in Bangkok and Chiang Mai
We understand that planning a vacation can be overwhelming, which is why we are here to help!
In addition to arranging transportation, we also offer additional tours and nights to enhance your experience.Please feel free to contact us for more information, or you can indicate your interest during the checkout process, and we will follow up with you directly to assist with any further arrangements. Contact Us
You May Also Like Our Other Southeast Asia Culinary Vacations
Experience the delicious food and fascinating culture in Vietnam and Cambodia during our cooking vacations in Southeast Asia.
Experience a 12 night luxury cruise through Vietnam to Cambodia and explore the flavors of Southeast Asia.