Experience Gourmet Florence Food and Wine Tours in Tuscany
Florence hardly needs an introduction, and we have what we believe is the very best food tour in Florence to be found!
Our Florence private tours for foodies will show you the authentic side, local food and unique culture of this famous city. Florence is one of the most well-known destinations in Italy, and indeed in the world, and is one of our most popular destinations for an Italy food tour or Tuscany cooking vacation! Florence is the capital of Tuscany, the birthplace of the Renaissance, and home to wondrous architecture and masterpieces of art: Brunelleschi’s dome, Giotto’s bell tower, Botticelli’s “Venus,” Raphael’s “Madonna della Seggiola,” and Michelangelo’s “David,” just to name a few. Its museums, including the Galleria degli Uffizi and Galleria dell’Accademia, are among the most beloved by art lovers.
The River Arno flows through the center, traversed by the famed Ponte Vecchio, which has housed shops for many centuries, and on both sides the avid culinary traveler can find shops, art galleries, restaurants, and more.
But Florence, as you will discover on our authentic food trip, is also a town of locals for whom its famed streets, markets, and churches are a part of every day life. Florentines embrace their town’s cultural and artistic heritage, but are also proud of it as a modern-day destination for Florence wine tours and culinary vacations, with famed restaurants, bustling markets, food artisans, wine shops, and more. From cooking classes to the best wine tours, our culinary travelers can discover what has made this town a top spot for Tuscany cooking tour for decades.
Your food and wine tour in Florence, Italy will include hands-on cooking classes, during which you will learn about traiditional Florentine food culture and prepare local specialties and iconic dishes. It will also take you beyond its borders and into the beautiful countryside of Tuscany for winery and foodie visits. You will see some of the most interesting and historic hillside towns during your food trip, sample wine from family vineyards on our wine tours, taste local cheeses and meats with artisanal producers, and experience the magical draw of Tuscany.
While we have designed what we think is the best culinary vacation in Florence, we can also customize the tour to your interests, including more Florence winery visits, more hands-on cooking classes, more art and architectural visits, and more!
Florence Foodie Tour Details
If you’re a food connoisseur, drink enthusiast, or a passionate cook, check the details of our gourmet culinary tours in Florence. Your culinary vacation will focus plenty on real local foods, wine tastings, markets, Florence cooking classes, but also on the culture and daily life of the Florentines. Your food trip will include:
- a Florence cooking class as well as a unique Tuscan cooking class at a Chianti winery
- Private walking tour of Florence
- Full-day visit of the Chianti Fiorentino area
- Food producer visits with the chefs
- Private guided bike tour in Fiesole
- Beautiful accommodations at a centrally located hotel
If you love food, then a Florence cooking vacation is a must-do activity. This culinary journey will introduce you to some of the cornerstones of Italian food culture and artisanal flavors of Tuscan cuisine. From marbled meats to golden olive oil, you’ll get to taste all the local hidden gems! Plus, you’ll learn about the history and culture behind each dish from your guide.
Order of activities subject to change based on specific dates booked.
- Arrival on your own and check in to your centrally-located hotel in Florence, home for your Florence food tour.
- Time to settle in and relax.
- Dinner tonight at a local restaurant in the authentic San Frediano quarter (left bank of the river Arno, about 20 minutes on foot or 10 minutes by taxi.)
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- This morning, meet your licensed Florence guide for a 3-hour guided tour combining the art highlights of this amazing city with visits of local food specialty shops and markets where Florentines purchase their fresh seasonal ingredients. You will find out why Florence is a top spot for Tuscany food tours as you taste local cured meats and cheeses and learn about the Italian way of life.
- At the end of the tour your guide will drop you at the Mercato Centrale for lunch on your own. The Mercato Centrale is a place where food is “lived,” it is prepared by artisans who know it deeply and who have been preparing it generation after generation. Each store has its own workspace and makes its own specialities, making it a perfect place to discover authentic Florentine dishes at a fair price.
- Afternoon visit of the Accademia Gallery to see the famous David of Michelangelo. (The visit is not guided but includes a “skip the line” reservation. If you would like to hire an official guide these arrangements can be made in advance.)
- Dinner tonight on your own.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- This morning, head to a cooking atelier for your first Tuscan cooking class. (The cooking atelier is about a 15 minute walk or 5 minute taxi ride from your hotel.) You will start with a unique walking visit of local “botteghe,” or shops, to select ingredients, always a highlight of our Florence food tours. You might visit the local butcher, vegetable vendor, and cheese shop. Your Tuscany cooking class will focus on signature Tuscan recipes and will include a four-course menu.
- Lunch to follow paired with local wines.
- Afternoon free for shopping and individual explorations. You may want to visit the nearby Boboli Gardens or Palazzo Pitti Museum, or to walk through the famous Rose Garden of Florence to the Piazzale Michelangelo to watch the sunset and enjoy one of the most famous panoramic views in the world.
- Dinner on your own tonight.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- After breakfast your private English speaking driver guide will pick you up at your Hotel for a full day excursion in Chianti region : first stop will be the beautiful Castello di Monterinaldi for your hand on cooking class : your chef will prepare pasta and typical Tuscan dishes together with the guests: soups, flavorful sauces, simple sides, main courses, desserts, and everything will be served for lunch along with Monterinaldi wines.
- Guided visit of the wine cellar and lunch to follow.
- After lunch stop at the charming Wine Estate Mulino di Grace for a wine tasting and visit of the winery before reaching the capital of Chianti, the village of Greve. Time to visit the village on own. Once inhabited by the Etruscans, this town is perhaps more famous for the great explorer Giovanni da Verrazzano. He is celebrated with a statue in the main square, Piazza Matteotti. Stroll the porticos around this three-sided piazza and check out the restaurants and enotecas (wine bars). Besides finding shops, cafes, a park for the kids, gas stations and banks this small town also has some special treats for shopping local artisan products, wine, and clothing.
- Retune back to Florence and dinner on own and overnight.
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Free morning for leisure activities. Perhaps a museum visit or some shopping. Lunch on your own.
- After lunch , at 3:00 pm meet your driver at the hotel and reach the charming small town of Fiesole from where you will start your Sunset Fiesole bike tour. Under the guidance of your expert guide, with your e-bike you will discover Fiesole, the sky above Florence, the nature and the Florentine hills surrounded by fields of olive trees – so close and yet so far – from the city. You will cross the path of the Via degli dei, the ancient Via Flaminia Minor, the Etruscan Road that crossed the Apennines mountains at least 200 years BC.
- During the trip, you will have a break, tasting fragrant bread and extra virgin olive from a local farmer. It won’t be a tourist experience, but a little adventure: local life away from the crowds.
- At the end of the tour, transfer back to your hotel by private transfer
- Farewell Dinner tonight at the Restaurant “Torcicoda” to end your cooking
week with the best Florentine Steak !
- Breakfast and depart on your own.
Optional Additional Days and Tours
You can add on additional nights in Florence and additional tours, or we can completely customize the tour according to your tastes. Some additional activities we can include are:
- additional cooking class in Florence
- excursion to Pisa and Lucca
- full day tour in Chianti including San Gimignano
- truffle hunt experience
- additional museum visits and tours
Florence Italy Food Tour Details
Included in the 5-Night Florence Culinary Vacation
5 nights accommodation in 3* hotel (upgrades to 4* and 5* hotels also available)
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 2 lunches
- 2 dinners
- Local product tastings as per itinerary
- Local wine included with all included meals
Classes & Instructors
Your cooking courses in Florence, Italy will include:
- one of the best cooking classes in Tuscany at a local Florence cooking school, in which you will prepare a four-course menu
- a unique and authentic Tuscan cooking class in the Chianti countryside
On request, we can include additional cooking courses in Florence for those who want a more intensive cooking experience. You will also have the chance to taste the iconic flavors and explore the wonderful gastronomy of Florence during your private foodie tours and market visit.
- 3-hour private walking tour of Florence with local products tastings
- Full-day excursion to Chianti
- “Botteghe” walk with the chef
- Transfer to Fiesole and private guided bike tour in Fiesole
- Transfers are not included but can be arranged for an additional cost. (But a taxi from the Florence airport to the center runs only around 25 Euros, plus baggage).
- Bike rental with helmet and insurance
- Skip the line reservation and ticket at the Galleria dell’Accademia (home to Michelangelo’s David)
- Transportation to cooking class on day 3 (about a 15-minute walk or short taxi ride)
- Overnight tourist tax (a few Euros per person per night, which must be paid locally)
About the accommodations: Your home in Florence will be a beautiful and centrally-located hotel just steps from the major sites. We can offer everything from 3* to 5* accommodations to suit your budget. (Please note if the hotels proposed below are not available we will propose a suitable alternative.)
For a 3* experience we recommend the lovely and intimate Hotel Silla (or similar), in one of our favorite neighborhoods (San Niccolò). The rooms feature classic Florentine decor and come with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, air conditioning and minibars. There is also a large terrace facing the Arno River to further enhance your stay.
Upgrade to the 4* Santa Maria Novella, a beautiful and elegant hotel located next to the Basilica di Santa Maria Novella, or to another of the many wonderful 4* hotels in Florence. (Pricing for 4* upgrade available on request.)
Best Florence Cooking Tour Pricing & Dates
Find pricing and dates for our Florence gastronomy tours below, or contact us for availability or to customize your trip.
Florence Food Tour Sample* Pricing:
5-Night Florence Tour Pricing
US$3675 per person based on double occupancy
- Add US$550 per person to upgrade to 4* hotel
*Pricing varies by season and days of the week–please inquire with specific dates for accurate pricing for your trip.
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 60 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
Single supplement or cost of upgrade to 5* hotel: please inquire.
Florence Foodie Tour in Tuscany Dates
Our Florence culinary vacations are available year round for a minimum of 2 people. Please inquire if you are a group, or if you are traveling solo.
Sample Florence for the Food Lover private tour dates follow. Please inquire for availability.
Sample dates follow, please contact us for availability!
February 24-March 1
March 31-April 5
April 28-May 3
June 30-July 5
July 28-August 2
September 29-October 4
October 27-November 1
We Can Help Plan The Best Florence Culinary Vacations
You May Also Like Our Other Tuscany Cooking Vacations
Three or seven-night itineraries at a choice of private villas in Tuscany, this Tuscan cooking vacation is for those wanting a true immersion into Tuscan cooking.
Enjoy a week with a husband and wife team learning the secrets of Tuscany cuisine while exploring the area around Lucca, Italy.