The dictionary defines “wellness” as “the state of being in good health, especially as an actively pursued goal.” But we think it’s more than that, it is, in our opinion, being of sound body and mind, of being satisfied and relaxed in both.
So to us, a wellness tour means good food and wine, exercise and fresh air, and plenty of pampering. Our Ultimate Indulgence: Food and Wellness Tour in Spain provides all of these things!
Highlights of the wellness retreat include:
- Beautiful accommodations in off-the-beaten path Spanish locales with plenty of access to beautiful views and nature
- Hiking in the Alcomocales Natural Park
- 3 yoga sessions
- A morning at an organic Spanish dehesa farm to discover what “farm to table” means in Andalusia
- Horseback riding or cycling
- Market visits and local product tastings
- 1 hands-on cooking class and 1 demonstration class aboard a Catamaran
- An indulgent afternoon spa experience
- Amazing food and wine
What kind of food can you expect on our Andalusian wellness retreat? The cuisine of Andalusia is founded on the principal products of the land: olives (and olive oil) of course being one of the most important, but also fish and seafood from the five coastal provinces, cured jamon in the forested areas, and wine and sherry wine. This is also the land of tapas – those wonderful, small hot or cold plates – which you will explore during meals but also during your cooking class. Andalusian desserts incorporate flavors from the period of Moorish rule during the Middle Ages (when they introduced sugar to the area), including the prevalence of Arabic ingredients like almonds, cinnamon, anise seed, and honey.
Our Food and Wellness Tour in Spain is offered selected weeks, May 30-June 5 and September 12-18, 2021, but can be offered additional weeks for private groups.
So gather up your friends and family and plan on an awesome and ultimate indulgence for 2021 – or beyond!
By Peg Kern
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.