February 22, 2021
Happy National Margarita Day! The margarita cocktail is a bit like the Italian dessert tiramisú. There are many different stories for how it got invented…Read This Post
Chicken is delicious over the grill no matter which way you cook it: over direct heat for pieces like wings and thighs, or indirect for the whole chicken. Spice rubs can amp up the flavor, and sauces can complement the chicken too. But if you’re looking for something new to try this Memorial Day weekend, we’ve got a delicious recipe for chicken kebabs from the chefs of our cooking vacations in France. This recipe has some oriental flair that will add some wonderful flavors to your barbecue spread.
While this recipe can be cooked on a stovetop too, cooking it on a grill adds another level of smokiness and tender flavor. To make these kebabs, be sure to use large kebab sticks that have been soaked in water (if they’re wooden sticks, of course). The chef also recommends making sure to cut the chicken and peppers into larger chunks than you would have if you were making this recipe on the stove.
Check out an Indian grilled chicken recipe: Awadhi Murg Tikka.
One last tip: if it sticks to the grill, don’t turn the kebabs! They’re not ready to be flipped… as long as you’ve adequately cleaned and oiled the grill grates before starting to cook.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Cook method: Grill
1. Start by removing the skin from the chicken, and then cut into large cubes.
2. Remove the seeds from the red pepper, and chop into squares too.
3. Now it’s time to warm up the marinade ingredients using a sauce pan on a stove. Put all ingredients in the pan (except the kebab ingredients). Warm it gently to incorporate the ingredients, and then remove the marinade from the stove.
4. Put the uncooked peppers and chickens onto the kebab sticks, and be careful to put the same amount on each kebab.
5. Put the kebabs into a bowl, and then pour the marinade over it. Mix it well to ensure the kebabs are covered, and then cover with plastic wrap/cling film. Put the bowl in the fridge to cool it, for a minimum of 4 hours.
6. Clean the grill and brush it with olive oil. (You can also do this on a cast iron pan over the grill).
7. Once the grill is ready, cook the kebabs, turning them regularly as they will cook fast!
Try grilling on our fabulous Farm to Beach Getaway in Greece.
For more fabulous recipes, learn to cook during one of our amazing cooking vacations in France.
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.