Rich Chocolate Fondant
A chocolate-lover’s dream from our friends at the
Walnut Grove Cooking School!
* 2 whole eggs
* 2 egg yolks
* 60g caster (or superfine) sugar
* 110g butter
* 110g good quality dark chocolate
* 25g all-purpose flour, sifted
* Butter for greasing molds (or ramekins)
1. Melt butter & chocolate gently over a bain marie, then stir together until smooth.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar together and then add the melted butter & chocolate and whisk.
3. Fold in the sifted flour.
4. Butter four dario molds or ramekins using cold butter and pour the mixture in until they are three quarters full.
5. Cook in a pre-heated oven 350°F (170°C) for 15 to 20 minutes,
or until the top of the fondant is light but springy to the touch.
6. Carefully remove from mold and serve with vanilla ice cream.
This is a fairly rich pudding but for chocolate lovers a must! For best results use
dario molds, which can be easily purchased from good kitchen stores. Cooking times may vary
depending on your oven – the end result of the fondant should be reasonably firm around the
outside and nice and gooey on the inside! If properly cooked this is a stunning pudding so don’t be
afraid to experiment with cooking times.