Taste and Tradition in Normandy's Culinary Vacations
There is something for everyone in Normandy! Boasting 350 miles of rolling coastlines, everchanging, verdant landscapes, a rich culture and history, and world-class food and drink, Normandy is definitely a region worth discovering on this unique 4-night cooking vacation. You will find a blending of maritime traditons and a rural way of life during your stay, and your hosts will provide a unique insight into the art de vivre à la française, where socializing and mealtimes are an integral part of everyday life, whether you are in the kitchen, the garden, or visiting any of the area’s sites.
Your accommodations and cooking courses will be at an 18th-century restored French farmhouse, located in the breathtakingly beautiful Cotentin Peninsula. You will be just a few miles from the nearest sandy beaches, charming villages, and picturesque countryside.
For history fans, Normandy calls to mind D-Day, and you will be a few miles from the first village liberated on June 6, 1944, Sainte Mère Eglise, as well as within easy proximity to Omaha Beach and the US military cemetery.
And yet Normandy is more than just a war memorial: its culture extends to its gastronomy, its people, and its intimate, country way of life. Apple orchards dot the landscape, the fruits of which appear in many traditional Norman dishes; its fertile interior yields a cuisine famous for its simple, good, hearty dishes, its fresh local produce, exceptional seafood, and dairy herds.
Your hosts for the week will be David and Alyson, a husband and wife team who restored the farmhouse into a charming B&B. David spent 24 years as a military chef in the British Army, making him uniquely suited to leading your cultural and culinary explorations of Normandy.
Normandy Food Tours Trip Details
Your unique culinary vacation in Normandy includes everything you need to explore the gastronomy and history of this beautiful part of France:
- 2 cooking classes in a family-style kitchen with your host, Chef David
- cultural excursions exploring the sites of the D-Day landing
- accommodations in a charming B&B
- culinary visits to local producers
- meals as indicated
- and more!
- Arrive at Carentan train station and transfer to the B&B. Time to settle in before meeting with your host and instructor to discuss the menus and itinerary.
- After, enjoy a 4-course dinner prepared by your host.
- Enjoy a full, leisurely breakfast at the B&B. Breakfast will feature freshly baked breads and pastries, homemade preserves, local cheeses, honey, marmalades, ham, yogurt, and cereals. Or you may prefer eggs cooked to order or fresh waffles, all served with a selection of teas, coffee, or hot chocolate.
- Head out to a local market or local producer to select ingredients for your first cooking class.
- Return to the farmhouse for a lunch of Normandy cheese, charcuterie, cider, and bread.
- In the afternoon, enjoy a cooking class with your host during which you will prepare a 3-course dinner. Some of the starters you might choose from are chicken liver paté, Normandy oysters, country terrine, soupe de poisson, Normandy French onion soup, and boudin noir aux pommes. Among the main dishes you might choose such classics as beef bourguignon, coq au vin, cassoulet, blanquette de veau, and filet porc à la pomme et à l’estragon. Desserts might feature apple tarte tatin, poire belle Helen, homemade ice creams, tart au citron, Normandie tart, or creme brluee.
- Time to relax before meeting in the evening to finish off and plate each course.
- Dinner based on your efforts, overnight.
- After breakfast, visit a local producer. Depending on the season, you might visit a ciderie to learn about the local cider for which Normandy is famous, an oyster farm, a snail farm, or the Caramels d’Isigny factory.
- Head back to the farmhouse for a light lunch, again based on the local products of Normandy.
- After lunch, head back to the kitchen to work on your evening meal.
- Time in the afternoon to enjoy a walk or relax in the garden or courtyard before returning to the kitchen to put the finishing touches on your meal.
- Dinner based on your efforts.
- After breakfast, head out for a day learning about the D-Day invasion. You will start with a visit to the D-Day Experience, an interactive exhibit located in nearby Saint-Côme-du-Mont .
- Enjoy a lunch of charcuterie and craft beer at the Brasserie in Sainte Mere Eglise.
- Continue your journey with a visit to the American Cemetery and to Omaha beach.
- Transfer back to the farmhouse and enjoy a simple evening meal such as Normandy mussels, chips, and a cheese board.
- After breakfast and perhaps one last leisurely walk bid your hosts goodbye.
- Transfer to the train station. Au revoir!
Overview of Normandy Culinary Tours
Included in the Normandy Cooking Vacation
4 nights accommodation at charming B&B
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 3 lunches
- 4 dinners
- Beverages with included meals
Classes & Instructors
Enjoy 2 hands-on cooking sessions with your host, Chef David, who spend over twenty years working as a chef in the British Army. Each cooking class will feature the preparation a three-course menu featuring some of France’s most cherished dishes. The hands-on classes will take place in the farmhouse kitchen of the B&B.
- Market visit and visit to local producers
- Visit of the D-Day Experience interactive museum (tickets included)
- Visits of the American Cemetery and Omaha beach.
- Arrival and departure transfers are included from/to Carentan (about 20 minutes from the B&B, and about 2 1/2 to 3 hours’ train ride from Paris).
- Entrance tickets to the D-Day Experience interactive campus.
- Train tickets from Paris
The B&B was renovated and opened in 2019, combining modern comforts without sacrificing tradition. It boasts three charming bedrooms, each tastefully decorated with en suite bathroom and coffee/tea making facilities. One bedroom has a king bed, a day bed, and en suite bath with clawfoot tub and hand-held shower. One room has 2 twin beds and a bathroom with walk in shower. The final room has a double (full) bed with walk in shower. The B&B has a large kitchen, a dining area, a communal living room, and outdoor seating areas.
Pricing and Dates for Normandy Gastronomy Tours
Explore pricing and tour dates for our Normandy cooking vacation below, and contact us to secure your reservation!
Culinary Vacations in Normandy Year-Round Pricing:
US$1980 per person based on double occupancy
- Add US$260 for single occupancy (use of a double room by 1 person)
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 60 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
Supplement to run the trip for 1 person: +US$175.
Tour Dates for Normandy Food Tours 2024
Generally available year round for a minimum of 2 people. Sample dates follow, please inquire for availability.
February 26-March 1
April 29-May 3
July 29-August 2
September 23-27 – Sold out
September 30-October 4
October 28-November 1
There are no reviews at this time.
Planning Your Perfect Culinary Holidays in Normandy with Our Expertise
Flights, additional nights and tours, Transportation, and Much More
Ready to embark on a culinary journey through Normandy? Join us on our upcoming cooking vacations in this enchanting region and experience the vibrant flavors of Normandy, where French culinary excellence awaits.
Our team is deeply passionate about the local cuisine and wine of Normandy, and we're eager to share our enthusiasm with you. Reserve your spot now and allow us to unveil the culinary treasures that make Normandy a gastronomic paradise!Contact Us