Whether you are heading to Europe for one of our authentic cooking vacations or trying your hand at a truffle recipe at home, enjoy this fabulous ingredient with friends and family!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
Cook method: Simmer
- 40g Black Truffle
- 40g Truffle Puree
- 3.5 tablespoons Truffle Juice
- 80 ml Truffle Oil
- 15g butter
- 150g Veal Jus
- 1 garlic clove
- Seasoning / Olive Oil
- Fleur de Sel
- 200g Italian Carnaroli Rice
- 1 white onion (60g)
- 100ml white wine
- 600ml light chicken stock
- 600ml chicken consommé
- 60g Parmesan
- 60ml olive oil
- 3.5 tablespoons olive oil for seasoning
- 40g butter
- Fleur de Sel
Preparing the truffle:
1. Clean the truffle under cold running water with a fingernail brush. Pat dry and peel with a thin bladed knife. The trimmings can be kept for another recipe or chopped and included in the risotto before serving.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and brown. At this precise moment, add the truffle puree and roast it so that it gives off a maximum amount of flavor.
3. Moisten with truffle juice, add the truffle oil and season with Fleur de Sel and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Cover and let rest.
Making the risotto
5. Bring the light chicken stock and chicken consommé to a boil and keep hot, without reducing.
6. Peel and finely mince the white onion.
7. Heat some olive oil in a pan, add the onion and sweat over a low heat for 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir constantly for 5 minutes until it becomes translucent, then deglaze with white wine.
8. Reduce until almost dry, moisten almost to the top with the hot mixture of light stock and consommé, cover and simmer stirring constantly.
9. When the rice has absorbed all of the liquid, moisten again almost to the top and continue cooking stirring constantly. Repeat this operation five or six times.
10. After 16-18 minutes the rice should be cooked. At this point fold in the butter, seasoning olive oil and grated parmesan, stirring constantly.
Finish and presentation
11. Warm the Veal Jus in a saucepan.
12. Check the truffle puree seasoning and spread over the serving plates.
13. Spoon the risotto over the puree smoothing it with the back of a spoon to even out the layer.
14. Rub the mandolin blade with the clove of garlic split in two, then slice the truffle over the risotto.
15. Sauce a ribbon of veal jus around the plate, sprinkle some grains of Fleur de Sel over it.
By Peg Kern
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.