Recipe for Greek Chicken Souvlaki
May 25, 2023
When summer rolls around, it is time to pull out the grill. My family loves anything cooked on the grill, and it's a lot more…Read This Post
This recipe hails from our fabulous cooking vacation, Cook Under the Tuscan Sun, which takes place at a lovely Relais & Chateaux hotel and its Michelin-star restaurant.
Gnudi are a type of dumpling much like gnocchi, but usually larger and softer due to the use of little or no flour. Pronounced “NYOU-dee,” it is a classic Tuscan dish, and here it is paired perfectly with seasonal vegetables. Buon appetito!
Book a cooking vacation with Chef Silvia in Tuscany.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 3-5 minutes
Cook method: Boil
For the “Gnudi”:
For the Vegetable Sauce:
Browse all our Tuscany cooking vacations.
1. First strain the ricotta cheese through a sieve, and add to the rest of the gnudi ingredients in a bowl.
2. Stir the mixture until it is homogenous.
3. Using two spoons to form the “gnudi.”
4. In a casserole add the bouquet garni, salt and pepper to taste, cherry tomatoes, potatoes, vegetables, vegetable broth, and saffron.
5. Cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes.
6. Drop the gnocchi, a few at a time, into a pot of salted boiling water and cook briefly until the water returns to a boil. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
7. Arrange the gnocchi in a round pattern on a plate, top with the vegetarian ragout sauce and garnish with basil.
This would be excellent served with a fine glass of wine from the Baracchi wine estate!
By Peg Kern
Learn more about our Cooking under the Tuscan Sun culinary vacation.
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.
Find more photos, videos, food facts, and travel stories from The International Kitchen on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.