April 14, 2021
Ramadan is the holy month for Muslims around the world, a time of fasting, prayer, and charity. The dates of Ramadan change each year (moving…Read This Post
No matter where you travel this holiday season, chocolate is bound to be served in some form or another. But come the holiday season, it can also make a tasty gift! At least that’s what Chef Katerina, of our Greek cooking vacation, likes to do with it after making it in the kitchen. But she also recommends having a bite or two for yourself too, of course!
This recipe even looks like a festive one, packed as it is with fruits and nuts. As for the chocolate, Chef Katerina recommends using the best you can find (with 50-75% cocoa). Depending on how much everyone enjoys chocolate, it can serve as many as 12 people, and as few as one!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Cook method: Melt
2. Separately, put the dark chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat. Once it’s melted, transfer it into a pan. Do the same process with the white chocolate as well.
3. Drizzle tablespoons of the melted white chocolate in lines across the nuts and fruits. Do this with the chocolate as well (unless you want to keep the white and dark chocolate separate, which you can do as well!)
4. Now spread the mixture using a spatula over the nut and fruit mix.
5. Top the chocolate with the other half of the nuts and fruits.
6. Place the tray in the refrigerator for at least four hours, allowing the chocolate to become solid.
7. When ready to serve or nibble on, remove the chocolate and break it into more bite-sized pieces. Enjoy!
This is a recipe that, as Chef Katerina says, was inspired by her dreams. To learn more of her lovely recipes, come visit her during our Greek Cooking Odyssey vacation on the idyllic island of Poros. And check out also Katerina’s recipe for Greek Christmas Muffins.
By Liz Hall
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.