August 3, 2021
Today is National Watermelon Day, and in honor of one of our favorite summer foods we're featuring five amazing ways to use this summer staple.…Read This Post
Spring and summer are just around the corner, what a fabulous time to try one of our best trips! Our Greek Cooking Odyssey on the island of Poros is a truly exceptional value that will delight and enchant you with its delicious food, such as tasty stuffed peppers, its warm atmosphere and amazing climate.
Join one of our already-confirmed spring or summer departures, or choose your own week for an amazing Greek island cooking vacation!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time; 45 minutes
Cook method: Grill
1. In a skillet, sauté croutons in 1 tablespoon olive oil with garlic, red pepper flakes and basil for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add feta, cut into small cubes, and toss to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
3. Remove tops from peppers, leaving peppers whole. Save tops for later and remove seeds and cores from peppers. Rub peppers with olive oil.
4. Mix enough remaining olive oil with ingredients in skillet, using only enough to coat well.
5. Fill peppers with mixture and place reserved tops back on peppers. Place peppers on preheated grill over indirect heat or in the oven at 400°F.
6. Grill or bake until peppers are tender, about 45 minutes (cook time on the grill will vary).
Try an alternate Greek recipe for Stuffed Green Peppers and Tomatoes from Chef Katerina.
Want a meat-filled pepper? Try our recipe for Turkish meat-stuffed peppers.
Search our blog for more chef interviews, recipes, and destinations features.
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.