Avocado Salad from our Israel Cooking Vacation
The story of Israeli cuisine is one of many different cultures, as its people have brought traditions, recipes, and ingredients from six different continents and more than 120 countries. As such, the food scene here is one of the most diverse in the entire world.
Much of the cuisine in Israel is both light and simple, which is apparent in this delicious take on an avocado salad. It incorporates a variety of ingredients that are native to the Mediterranean, including pomegranate, hazelnuts, and bulgur but also the hearty new world additions of potato, avocado, and quinoa.
You can taste a multitude of traditional and innovative Israeli dishes on our Cuisine & Culture of Israel culinary tour.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cook method: Boil
- 4 oz (400gr) cubed avocado
- 7 oz (200gr) potatoes
- 5.5 oz (150gr) crumbled Feta cheese
- 5.5 oz (150gr) julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
- 1.75 oz (50gr) spinach leaves
- 1.75 oz (50gr) basil leaves
- 1.75 oz (50gr) roasted almond slivers
- 1.75 oz (50gr) hazelnuts
- 1.75 oz (50gr) pomegranate seeds
- 100 grams cooked bulgur
- 100 grams cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the potatoes until tender, then cube them once cool.
2. In a bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper, and mix together to create a salad dressing.
3. Place all the other ingredients together in a bowl, dress with salad dressing and lightly toss together and place in a bowl to serve.
Check out our Cuisine & Culture of Israel culinary tour if you’d like to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime trip to this beautiful land.
Check out other recipes in our blog including:
- Eggplant crumble from one of our Provence cooking classes
- Cheese souffle from France
- Stuffed lamb shoulder
By Peg Kern
Browse our blog for more recipes, travel tips, and destination features.
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.