We think we have the very best culinary vacations in Scotland, and our travelers seem to agree, as they have rated our Undiscovered Scotland trip 5 out of 5 stars. Discover authentic Scotland and live like a local for a week during this authentic foodie vacation. If you never considered Scotland for a culinary vacation, think again: as a recent culinary traveler commented, “We cooked an array of Scottish foods every day … all were delicious! Jane is amazing preparing meals in her sweet, tiny kitchen. And, with no shortcuts – everything is mixed by hand, mostly organic, and all cooking included good stories and laughs.”
You will stay at a charming cottage within short walking distance of your hostess’s home where you will have your cooking classes. Your guide, Brian, will lead you to discover the many wonders of this gorgeous part of Scotland during your culinary vacation.
- Head to the Kilmartin Valley to see an ancient stone circle and Dunadd Fort.
- Enjoy trout fishing – yes trout fishing! – and prepare the day’s catch with your hosts.
- Bike along the Crinan Canal (an easy nine-mile route).
- Visit whiskey distilleries and taste fabulous Scotch whiskey – everyone knows that whiskey in Scotland is serious stuff!
- Take a cruise around the nearby islands of Colonsay, Islay, Scarba, or Jura.
- Travel to the island of Mull, where you can visit a distillery, walk through Tobermory, see an ancient stone circle, or the imposing Duart Castle. One of the best excursions on our culinary vacations in Scotland!
- Forage for seaweed or mussels along the coast and use them during your cooking class, a beautiful and unusual trip.
- Hike in a nearby nature reserve, where beavers have been reintroduced into the local ecology.
- Visit a farm in the springtime to meet and feed Scottish lambs.
- Plus many other options as well!
Check out three reasons to visit Scotland with TIK!
This fabulous cooking vacation in Scotland runs the end of March to early November, and most weeks are still available. Please contact us to book your cooking vacation in Scotland!
By Peg Kern
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.