Custom Itinerary in France and Italy
Custom itinerary in France and Italy.
We Can Help Plan It All
Flights, additional nights and tours, Transportation, and Much More
We might not be able to pack for you, but there are tons of things we can help with to make your vacation that much better.
Contact us for more information, or you can indicate your interest during check out and we will follow up directly!
3-night cooking in Gascony June 2-5
- After settling into your room and acquainting yourself with the village and your fellow cookery school guests, your hosts David and Vikki and French chef Bernard will be waiting to welcome you on the terrace. Greeting you with local aperitifs and hors-d’oeuvres they will provide an overview of the week ahead before serving an exquisite four-course supper. This dining experience will be repeated every night of your stay and is inclusive in the overall price.
- Following dinner, relax on one of the three terraces, where you can admire the beautiful sunset.
- After beginning the day with a traditional breakfast of croissants, fresh bread, cold meats, cheese, home-made jams and local honey, you will start with a tour of the kitchen and a lesson in basic knife skills. Following this, learn to prepare a simple French dressing, sauce suzette, and an ornate puff pastry dessert, gâteau pithiviers.
- Next, use your new knife skills by making David’s famous pizza gersois: a homemade pizza with onions, sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, duck breast, and olives. Your class continues with some pâtisserie, such as a sweet pastry like pâte sucrée, that will be used as a base for a pastry you will make the following day.
- After a typical long French lunch — based on your culinary efforts — head across the street to an auberge to learn the art of foie gras, including mi-cuit, traditional, cru, and pain d’épices, as well as how to make cassoulet, Chef Bernard’s most popular dish. Your class ends with a tour of Bernard’s restaurant, where you will be spending much of your time during your cooking vacation.
- Next, it’s time to make crepes and use the sauce suzette you prepared earlier as the finishing ingredient. You’ll also make two more traditional pastries, perhaps a pâte sablée and a pâte sucrée.
- In the evening, tour the local wine museum while enjoying a glass of wine. Dinner to follow at Bernard’s restaurant; the signature menu will include the duck foie gras that you made earlier.
- An early breakfast at 9:00 a.m.
- Today you will attend the local markets and select ingredients for this afternoon’s class. The markets are sure to whet your appetite, as you learn about the region’s seasonal produce. You will then lunch in a traditional local café in the Roman town of Lectoure before returning to the school to begin your afternoon classes.
- In this session you will fillet a fish, prepare a velouté sauce, and practice your knife and pastry skills to create a delectable tarte aux pommes.
- Prior to starting dinner, there will also be a quick lesson, led by David, on plating and presentation skills. Each dish you prepared today will be part of your dinner.
- After a final hearty breakfast, departure. Au revoir!
3-night Authentic Experience in Piedmont June 7-10
- Arrive at Turin airport or Chivasso train station and transfer to your bed and breakfast accommodations, or arrive on your own.
- After checking in, take some time to settle in and relax by the pool.
- In the early evening, Francesca may you show you around the charming village of Casalborgone with its shops and historical center.
- Return to the property for your first cooking class in which you’ll prepare a delicious aperitif, perhaps salatini, torte salute, or sage focaccia. (Or, you might have dinner at the B&B and the class on June 9).
- Enjoy dinner out on the terrace with some local wine.
- Breakfast buffet, which includes fresh fruits, omelets, handmade cakes, bread and butter, local cheese and ham, and cold mint tea, between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- In the morning, return to the kitchen for your second hands-on class, which will focus on the basics of all Italian cuisine: fresh pasta. You’ll also make a dessert, such as a delicious tiramisu. You might start your class collecting vegetables from the garden, or by visiting the local flour mill. The menu will be based on what is available seasonally.
- Lunch to follow based on your efforts, drinks included.
- In the afternoon, some time on your own.
- In the early afternoon, Francesca will help you explore the local area.
- Dinner at the B&B.
- A light breakfast out on the terrace.
- Today, explore more of the local area with Francesca.
- In the afternoon, return to the property for a wine tasting.
- Dinner included
- Breakfast followed by check out.
Included in the 6-Night Trip
Food & Beverages
Meals for cooking participant are included in France as per program. No meals are provided for your family.
All meals included during your 3-night stay in Piedmont.
Suite accommodations in France and Italy for 2 adults and 5 children.
Pricing & Tour Dates
Looking for tour date information?
US$3235 per person based on double occupancy
Pricing as follows:
Cooking in Gascony: $1005 for Ava (cooking participant)
$650 for family to stay at gite (no meals provided)
Authentic Experience in Piedmont: $1580 total
Nonrefundable 30% deposit of $970.50 due to confirm
Additional classes, hotel nights, etc., can be added upon request.
June 2-5 and June 7-10
Pricing & Dates
There are no reviews at this time.