Open for Travel
Updated April 8, 2021
Where can Americans travel right now? The Coronavirus has caused unprecedented border closures over the past year. This page will provide an overview of which countries are open to US travelers, as well as what restrictions are in place, including testing requirements, for entry and return.
List of Open Countries in Which We Have Trips:
Croatia – testing required
Mexico – health screening required
Morocco – testing required, as well as hotel/tour reservations
Peru – testing required
Thailand – testing/quarantine required
Turkey – testing required
United Kingdom – although technically not closed to US travelers, testing & quarantine are required, and parts of the UK are still in lockdown. The UK has announced it remove most restrictions by June 21st.
United States – (open only to US citizens and residents)
Please keep in mind that although these countries are open to US travelers, some tourist sites may remain closed, and other restrictions may be in place. Contact us for the current status of our tours in these countries.
As policies evolved – including possible “green” or “vaccine” passports – we will continue to keep you updated.
List of Countries Currently Closed but Expected to Reopen in 2021
Europe has announced it should reach “herd immunity” sometime this summer. We will update opening projections for all destinations according the information we receive.
- Greece – scheduled to reopen borders to US travelers May 14
Please note that although we will do our utmost to ensure accuracy and keep the information up-to-date, we take no responsibility for the accuracy or inaccuracy of the information provided here. The best source for any country is that country’s own website.
If you are not a US traveler, you should consult reopen.europa.eu/en for information on what European countries are open to you, or the websites of individual countries if not traveling to Europe.
For information on requirements for returning to the US from other countries, please see the State Department website at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html
Currently, the requirements for re-entry to the United States from a foreign country (not another US State or territory) are as follows:
“Effective January 26, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three calendar days of departure or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days . Airlines must confirm the negative test result or proof of recovery for all passengers two years of age and over prior to boarding. Airlines must deny boarding of passengers who do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.” (COVID-19 Country Information, Travel.State.Gov)
For more information on the current COVID situation in the countries where we operate tours, including entry/exit requirements, testing availability, vaccine status, and country-specific restrictions, please see:
- Argentina: https://ar.usembassy.gov/covid-19/
- Cambodia: https://kh.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Croatia: https://hr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-2/
- France: https://fr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Greece: https://gr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- India: https://in.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/
- Israel: https://il.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Italy: https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Mexico: https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/
- Morocco: https://ma.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Peru: https://pe.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Portugal: https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Spain: https://es.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Thailand: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/ and https://thaiembdc.org/visas/
- Turkey: https://tr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-2/
- United Kingdom: https://uk.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ and https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Vietnam: https://vn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/
Please see information on our “Worry-Free Trips” and Special Flexible Booking Terms.
And of course, contact us with questions!