Open for Travel
Updated June 14, 2022
Where can Americans travel right now? This page will provide an overview of which of our destinations are open to US travelers, as well as what restrictions are in place, including testing requirements, for entry and return.
List of Open Countries in Which We Have Trips:
- Argentina – proof of vaccination and testing no longer required, but you must sign an sworn statement and provide proof of medical coverage.
- Cambodia – visa required, as is proof of vaccination or a negative test. Proof of health insurance may also be required.
- Croatia – there are no longer any COVID-related restrictions for entry to Croatia.
- France – entry permitted with proof of vaccination (including booster if more than 9 months past vaccination course), OR proof of recovery within past 6 months, OR a negative test; you may also be required to complete a signed statement that you have no COVID symptoms or exposure. Passenger locator form may be required. See our update on France travel for more.
- Greece – Greece has recently removed its COVID restrictions and entry requirements. Masking may still be required in some public spaces. See our update on Greece travel.
- India – proof of vaccination or negative test required
- Israel – testing before departure and upon entry is no longer required as of May 21, 2022. Proof of health insurance may be required.
- Italy – Italy removed its COVID restrictions and entry requirements effective June 1, 2022. (See our update on Italy travel).
- Mexico – US travelers may enter without proof of vaccination or negative test
- Morocco – proof of vaccination, negative test, and health form required; passengers must also take a rapid test upon arrival
- Peru – proof of vaccination or negative COVID test required, along with affidavit of health
- Portugal – negative test required. Proof of vaccination “may” eliminate the need for the negative test, but there is some confusion over whether the CDC card counts as proof of vaccination.
- Spain – proof of vaccination or recovery is required, as is QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health Portal. Starting February 1, 2022, proof of booster must also be provided unless 2nd dose of vaccine was within 270 days of arrival. (See our update on Spain travel.)
- Thailand – testing OR proof of vaccination OR proof of recovery required (some quarantine may be required for unvaccinated travelers); Thailand pass and proof of health insurance coverage also required,
- Turkey – proof of vaccination or negative test is required along with entry form.
- United Kingdom – all COVID restrictions and entry requirements have been lifted.
- United States – US citizens must show negative test taken within 1 day; foreign nationals must show proof of vaccination and negative COVID test
- Vietnam – negative test is no longer required. Proof of medical insurance that covers COVID is still required.
Please keep in mind that although these countries are open to US travelers, some restrictions may be in place. Contact us for the current status of our tours in these countries.
Some countries in Europe may still require that you show either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test in order to enter some spaces.
This means that traveling to Europe as a vaccinated (and “boosted”) traveler will be infinitely easier than as an unvaccinated traveler. It may still possible to go as an unvaccinated traveler, depending on the destination. Please consult the up-to-date information for your particular destination at the embassy links below.
What Is Considered Proof of Vaccination?
The CDC vaccination card is accepted as proof of vaccination. Some countries are now requiring booster shots.
Please note that although we will do our utmost to keep the information up-to-date, we take no responsibility for the accuracy or inaccuracy of the information provided here. The best source for any country is that country’s own website.
If you are not a US traveler, you should consult reopen.europa.eu/en for information on what European countries are open to you, or the websites of individual countries if not traveling to Europe.
For information on requirements for returning to the US from other countries, please see the State Department website at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html
Currently, the requirements for re-entry to the United States from a foreign country (not another US State or territory) are as follows:
“As of 12:01 a.m. EDT June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all persons aged two and above to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is rescinded. Starting at 12:01 a.m. EDT on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer order air passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States. Of note, CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect.” (COVID-19 Country Information, Travel.State.Gov)
That means that you no longer have to show proof of a negative COVID test before returning to the US!
For more information on the current COVID situation in the countries where we operate tours, including entry/exit requirements, testing availability, vaccine status, and country-specific restrictions, please see:
- Argentina: https://ar.usembassy.gov/covid-19/
- Cambodia: https://kh.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Croatia: https://hr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-2/
- France: https://fr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ as well as https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/ and https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19
- Greece: https://gr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ and https://www.mfa.gr/en/current-affairs/statements-speeches/welcome-to-greece.html
- India: https://in.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Israel: https://il.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Italy: https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ and https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/normativaonline/decreto-iorestoacasa-domande-frequenti/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia.html
- Mexico: https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/
- Morocco: https://ma.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Peru: https://pe.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Portugal: https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Spain: https://es.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ and https://www.spth.gob.es/faq?tab=2
- Thailand: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/ and https://thaiembdc.org/visas/
- Turkey: https://tr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-2/
- United Kingdom: https://uk.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/ and https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Vietnam: https://vn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/
Please see information on our “Worry-Free Trips” and Special Flexible Booking Terms.
And of course, contact us with questions!