Best Provence Wine Tours 2023
Explore the world of French domaines on our Provence wine tours and taste wonderful Provence cuisine and wines. While the word ‘domaine’ – French for vineyard – has only been in use since the 1950s, many wine estates in the southeast of France have been around for generations. The mild climate and many sunny days encourage the perfect growing conditions for a number of grapes that produce both red and white wines, making them particularly revered by wine critic Robert M. Parker. Experience all of these wines, from A.O.C. to Cotes du Rhone appellations, during a France wine tours in Provence.
While this Provence wine tour is all about discovering some wonderful wines, which you’ll sample during Provence wine tastings at in the Rhone Valley and Châteauneuf du Pape, among others, it’s also about experiencing one of the most beautiful areas of France. You’ll visit some charming towns with stunning views and idyllic panoramas.
Your Provence wine tours and cultural visits will be topped off with wonderful foods which you can pair with the amazing wines you will discover!
Provence Wine Tours Trip Details
Our Provence wine tours include visits to several Provencal wineries, including in Tavel, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, and Côtes du Ventoux. Your Provence wine tasting tours will be combined with an exploration of beautiful Provence!
Your Provence wine tour will include the following activities, but the specific order of events may vary according to the season and dates booked. Interested in customizing your private Provence wine tour? Just let us know!
- Arrival in Avignon and transfer to your accommodations.
- Welcome dinner in a fine restaurant near the hotel (drinks not included).
- At 9 a.m., meet your English-speaking driver/guide for a private tour to learn about the wines of the Rhone Valley with a wine expert on the first of your Provence wine tours. You’ll stop in Tavel for a visit and wine tasting; this area is famous for its rosé wine, which is a complex wine with aromas of summer fruits.
- Lunch on your own.
- Depart for the Roman theatre in Orange, one of the best preserved from the Roman civilization; the stage wall is almost entirely intact.
- Take a driving France wine tour through the vineyards of Châteauneuf du Pape, and stop to see the stunning panoramic view of the Rhone valley at the Castle of Châteauneuf de Pape.
- Visit and wine tasting in a domaine in Châteauneuf de Pape. After a guided visit of the winemaking process – including the aging and stocking cellars – enjoy a tasting of red and white wines to round out your Provence wine tour.
- Around 5 p.m., return to your hotel in Avignon.
- Dinner on your own.
- Meet a local chef at the market for a market tour discovering typical Provençal products. Then, head to their cooking studio for a hand-on cooking class. Lunch will follow based on your efforts.
- Rest of day on your own.
- With your driver/guide, head out on a full day of Provence wine tours. First stop is a castle in Mormoiron, a family-run vineyard in the south of the Rhône Valley on the Côtes du Ventoux appellation that operates on the principles of sustainable agriculture.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the wine estate (drinks included).
- Continue your Provence wine tours to Gigondas for a visit and wine tasting in a cellar. Gigondas wines are considered as Cru of the Southern Côtes du Rhône valley. The village is located at the foot of the hill range called Dentelles de Montmirail.
- Around 5 p.m., return to your hotel in Avignon. Dinner on your own.
- Breakfast and check out.
- Return transfer to Avignon TGV train station.
Provence Wine Tour Trip Details
Included in the 4-Night Trip
4 nights accommodation in 4* hotel in Avignon
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast1
- 2 lunches (drinks included with lunch after cooking class)
- 1 dinner (drinks not included)
Classes & Instructors
Your Provence includes one market visit and hands-on cooking class in Avignon. You will learn traditional French cooking methods while using local Provençal products!
- Provence wine tours, including Rhone Valley winery visit and wine tasting, Chateauneuf du Pape winery visit and wine tasting, and full-day Provence wine tour on day 4 to Mormoiron and Girgondas
- Visit to Roman theater in Orange
- Transfers from/to Avignon train or TGV station
Hotel de L’Horloge is located in central Avignon near numerous cafes and shops as well as Popes’ Palace. Once a 19th-century house, this hotel features 66 modern, cozy rooms with individual heat and air-conditioning, as well as Wi-Fi, mini-bar, safe, telephone, and satellite TV. (If unavailable a comparable 4* property will be substituted.)
Provence Wine Tour Pricing and Dates
See pricing and dates for our private Provence wine tours below, and contact us for availability or to book your trip.
4-Night Provence Wine Tour Pricing
US$2445 per person based on double occupancy
- Add US$450 for single occupancy (use of a double room by 1 person)
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 60 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
Please inquire for single occupancy rate.
July: please inquire.
Provence Wine Tour Dates
Our 4-night Provence wine tour is generally available year round except for July. We can also extend your stay and include additional activities on request. Sample dates are listed, but please inquire with specific dates for availability.
Itinerary must start on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Monday start dates are listed.
February 27-March 3
May 29-June 2
July: Please Inquire
July 31-August 4
August 28-September 1
October 30-November 3
November 27-December 1
There are no reviews at this time.