French Food and Wine Tours in the Loire Valley
Tours is a beautiful and lively city in the heart of the Loire Valley. Its historical center, full of half-timbered houses, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can stroll through the narrow cobbled streets of the old center and almost transport yourself back to Medieval and Renaissance times. Tours’ popular Place de Plumereau and its impressive Saint Gatien Cathedral give you plenty to explore on our French foodie getaway. Just under two hours from Paris by train, our culinary vacation in Tours is an easy addition to any visit of the French capital.
Tours offers plenty for you to explore on our French food and wine tours. Its picturesque location on the Loire River make it perfect for leisurely walks. It is called the “city of gardens” for its prolific green spaces. And its many restaurants will beckon you to try their amazing French gastronomy. As if the city itself weren’t enough to tempt you, its proximity to the famed Chateaux and vineyards of the Loire Valley make it an ideal place to explore the entire region. The area around Tours is rife with AOC wineries, including several that border the city itself. Taste the Touraine wines, which come in white, red, and rosé varieties, or explore the local appellations such as Vouvray, Saint-Nicolas de Bourgueil, and Mountlouis, and discover why this is one of France’s premier wine regions.
Tours offers many unique culinary products as well, including the nougat of Tours, saffron, rillettes, the famed Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine goat cheese, and dried pears called “poires tapées.” Its restaurants, and the cooking class you will enjoy with a local chef, feature traditional French cuisine and fabulous local wines. If you are ready for the ultimate French food and wine tour, we are here to help you start planning! Our French gourmet getaway in Tours is easily customized to suit your needs and tastes.
Learn more about the city of Tours, France.
Highlights of our French Food and Wine Vacations in Tours
Our French food and wine tours in the Loire Valley are easily customized to include any of the amazing sites you want to see, or the wonderful wines you want to taste. The standard itinerary includes a hands-on cooking class as well as a wine and cheese master class.
- Arrival in Tours by train and transfer to your accommodation, a charming guest house in the center.
- Around 4 PM meet your guide in the city center for a 2-hour private walking tour of Tours.
- Time to rest before dinner.
- This evening, walk to your welcome dinner, a 3-course meal (drinks excluded, paid locally).
- Breakfast at the guest house.
- At 9:30 am meet the chef at the local market, “Les Halles,” where you will buys ingredients for your cooking class. You will then return to the cooking workshop where you will prepare a starter, main dish, and dessert. Lunch to follow, local wines included.
- Return to the guest house, afternoon at leisure to enjoy Tours, and dinner on your own.
- Breakfast, then check out.
- At 11 AM walk to your wine and cheese tasting in the city center. You will enjoy a private 2-hour tasting including 4 wines and 4 cheeses.
- After the tasting, you can transfer to the train station or spend additional time in Tours on your own.
Optional Extra Day in the Land of Chateaux
Interested in adding an additional day? If you are a first time visitor to the Loire Valley we highly recommend extending your stay! We can add on a night and one of several optional tours, including (but not limited to):
- a private full-day tour of the chateaux of Chambord and Chenonceau
- a self-guided e-biking tour through the vineyards of Vouvray to Amboise and its chateau
- a private winery tour including visits and tastings of Loire Valley wines
Please inquire for pricing. We are happy to help create a custom itinerary to suit your tastes!
French Food and Wine Tour Details
Included in the 2-Night Food and Wine Tour
2 nights accommodation in a luxury B&B in the center of Tours
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- One dinner (wine not included, paid locally)
- One lunch (wine included
- One wine and cheese class/tasting
Classes & Instructors
Your cooking class in Tours will be with a local chef who will lead you in the preparation of a full meal, including a delicious starter, hearty main dish, and delectable dessert. The cooking class will be preceded by a visit to the famous covered market in Tours, “Les Halles.”
- Guided walking tour of the historical center of Tours
- Visit of Les Halles market with the chef
- Wine and cheese master class, including tastings
Transfer are included from/to the Tours train station to your B&B.
Your home for your French food and wine tour will be the charming guesthouse Masion Jules. This highly rated, small luxury guest house is situated in the center of Tours in a beautiful nineteenth-century mansion. The five-room guest house was renovated in 2012 and has a living room with fireplace on the ground floor, as well as a dining room and library. Each of the five en suite guest rooms is individually decorated with fine materials. (If unavailable a similar accommodation will be proposed.)
French Food and Wine Tour in the Loire Valley: Pricing & Dates
Find pricing and dates for our French food and wine tours in the Loire Valley below, and contact us for availability or to customize your trip.
Food and Wine Tour Pricing:
2-Night Food and Wine Tour Pricing
US$1290 per person based on double occupancy
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 60 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
Single occupancy supplement: please inquire.
Interested in additional nights and tours? Please inquire!
French Food and Wine Tour Dates
Our French food and wine tours in the Tours, France, are available any dates you choose based on availability. The tour is easily customizable as well. Sample dates follow, but please inquire with specific dates for availability.
Samples dates, other start dates also possible.
January 31-February 1
February 28-March 1
May 30-June 1
October 31-November 2
There are no reviews at this time.
We can help plan the best French food and wine tours!
Whether you need assistance with flights, additional nights, tours of the French chateaux, winery visits and tastings, or more, we are here to help you plan the perfect culinary vacation in the Loire.
We might not be able to pack for you, but there are many things we can help with to make your French culinary vacation that much better.Contact us for more information, or you can indicate your interest during check out and we will follow up directly! Contact Us