Best Food Tours in Seville, Spain
Nestled in the Andalusia region of Spain, Seville will surely enchant you with its whitewashed alleyways, patios of orange trees, and hidden gems of plazas. Seville is a city deeply marked by its historical roots. The long Moorish occupation of the Iberian Peninsula left indelible traces in this part of Spain. La Giralda is probably the most famous structure in the city. Once the tower of an important mosque, it is now part of a huge Gothic cathedral and is the most well-known of the remaining Islamic monuments. This culturally rich city is also famous for its tapas and Flamenco dancing. Seville is credited with the invention of the tapa—bite-size samplings of a variety of typical Spanish traditional dishes, ranging from seafood to ham, and from vegetables to a myriad of cheeses. The city has more than a thousand tasty tapas bars, so Sevillians make a meal of them by moving from bar to bar and trying one dish at a time. Another trademark of this region is the art of Flamenco dancing, which is said to be an artistic expression of the sorrows and joys of life, often accompanied by the song of a Spanish guitar.
Today more and more people are learning that Spain is a top culinary destination —not just the home of the typical dishes and wonderful food such as famous paella, Spanish omelette, and gazpacho, it now boasts some of the world’s best and most renowned chefs and restaurants, along with a great variety of styles. During your amazing Sevilla food tour, you can explore Spanish cuisine and local food culture and eat anything from great stews and meat dishes to seafood recipes, vegetable dishes, salads, desserts with a Moorish influence, and so on.
Seville Cooking Vacations Details
Indulge in the ultimate Seville food tour and wine-tasting experience, where you’ll not only savor the local culinary delights but also have a unique opportunity to discover the secrets of renowned Spanish ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, sherry wines, vinegar, and succulent ham and meat from acorn-fed Iberian pigs. Enjoy a personalized cooking lesson with Chef Ana, where you’ll master the art of creating tantalizing tapas, flavorful rice dishes, authentic Andalucian soups, and mouthwatering seafood recipes. It’s a gastronomic journey that will satisfy both your taste buds and your passion for cooking.
- Arrival in Seville and transfer from the airport or train station to your hotel. Your accommodations during your food tour will be at a lovely 4-star hotel in the center of Seville.
- This evening you will meet your guide Roger at the hotel around 8:00 pm for your tapas tour of the four best tapas bars in Seville to give you a taste of what Seville can offer. Many consider Seville to be the tapas’ capital of Spain.
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- In the morning, a cooking lesson with Chef Ana. You will learn a selection of great Spanish dishes that you can recreate for your friends and family when you return home.
- Lunch to follow based on your efforts.
- In the afternoon, head to an olive oil mill about a half hour away from Seville near the town of El Viso del Alcor. The mill’s owner will show you around the vineyards as he explains the production process. The tour will end with a tasting of the wonderful olive oil, which is both fruity and light.
- Evening and dinner on your own.
- Departure around 9:30 AM for Jerez, home of the world-famous Spanish sherry wines. You will first visit a large winery in Jerez where you will see the spectacular rooms filled top to bottom with sherry casks. The buildings are often compared to cathedrals, and they certainly do give the impression of being sanctified places! There will be an in-depth tour, complete with an explanation of the unique process of making sherry wines, vinegar, and Jerez brandy. At the end of the visit, enjoy a tasting of fine sherry wines.
- The next stop will be a boutique winery that only produces very high-end sherries, brandies, and vinegar. You will get to sample their wines and brandies, many of them tasted directly from the barrel—a rare treat!
- Afterward, head to Sanlúcar de Barrameda, passing by some of the most important vineyards on the way. Sanlúcar is the second most important sherry town after Jerez and is unknown to most foreign visitors. Located at the mouth of the Guadalquivir estuary, it overlooks Doñana National Park and out to the Atlantic Ocean. Among the other types of sherry wine produced in Sanlúcar, you will discover manzanilla, a light style of sherry with a salty hint to it.
- Sanlúcar is also known as one of the premier destinations in Spain for fine seafood. Enjoy delicious treats at one of the fantastic seafood restaurants along the banks of the estuary.
- After lunch, free time for a walk along the beach.
- Return to Seville, where you will be free for the rest of the evening.
- Breakfast and transfer to the airport or train station.
Seville Foodie Tours Details
Included in the 3-Night Seville Food Tour
- 3 nights accommodation in a 4* hotel in Seville
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 2 lunches
- 1 dinner
- Local wine with included meals
Classes & Instructors
The chef for your cooking lesson, Chef Ana, runs a small cooking school out of her centrally located apartment. She will lead you on a cooking course in which you will prepare a variety of dishes. Some menu items might include a selection of tapas dishes, popular rice dishes, Andalucian soups, or seafood recipes. In addition, you will learn to use such famous Spanish ingredients as extra virgin olive oil, local sherry wines and vinegar, and the ham and meat of the acorn-fed Iberian pig.
- Olive mill visit and tasting
- Wine and sherry excursion on Day 3, with tastings
- Roundtrip transfers from/to Seville airport or train station (please note late arrivals or early departures may incur an additional fee)
Accommodations will be at a 4* hotel in Seville, such as the Casa de la Juderia, an elegant hotel comprised of 27 houses linked by patios and passageways. Situated in the old Jewish Quarter, the Casa de la Juderia is easily accessible to the main sites of Seville. Rooms feature traditional decor, free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and private bathrooms. There is a fine-dining restaurant and a tapas bar, as well as a spa, an outdoor pool (in season), and a garden. (If unavailable a comparable property will be proposed.)
Seville Food Tours Pricing & Dates 2023-2024
Find pricing and dates for our Sevilla food tours below, and contact us for availability or to start planning your trip.
Seville Cooking Vacations Pricing:
US$2380 per person based on double occupancy
Single occupancy supplement: please inquire.
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 60 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
Please inquire for Easter week and July/August.
Seville Culinary Vacations Dates 2023
The itinerary usually starts on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
Available year-round for a minimum of 2 people except Easter week, July, and August. Please inquire for availability.
We Can Help Plan The Best Seville Cooking Vacations
Discover the culinary treasures and history of Seville with The International Kitchen!
Let us curate your dream cooking vacation, where you'll immerse yourself in the vibrant flavors of Andalusia, learn from expert chefs, and savor unforgettable dining experiences.
Book now and embark on the ultimate food adventure!Contact Us