Italian Culinary Tour on Lake Como and Lake Maggiore
Discover the stunning Lakes region in northern Italy with this tour of Lake Como and Lake Maggiore.
The Lakes region has a bit of celebrity status. Situated in the north of Italy, it’s frequented by the likes of George Clooney and Richard Branson. But they were far from the first; the lush picturesque area has been a favorite vacation destination by Italians and Europeans for centuries. With its wonderful micro-climate – due to the green valleys and snow-capped mountain peaks of the Alps – as well as abundance of flora and fauna, it’s picturesque and relaxing in every way.
The mythic region is made even more magical by the old villas and plethora of gardens. Pair this beauty with a hearty cuisine and gastronomy – with dishes like risotto, pasta, stracotto, and ossobucco – and the region has the makings of an unbelievable trip, particularly in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
This exclusive Italian culinary tour starts in the town of Lenno on Lake Como, one of the best known lakes of the area and features of the most romantic cities in the region, Bellagio. The foodie tour continues in Stresa on the shores of Lake Maggiore, which stretches from Switzerland down into Italy.
With stunning panoramic views, travelers will also get a chance to see the island jewels, the scenic Borromean Islands, among the lake’s dazzling blue waters and visit the island’s palaces and gardens.
The Italian culinary tour concludes in the famous city of Milan, home to chic boutiques and fashion designers, as well as an array of art, including the famous Last Supper fresco.
Luxury Lakes Italian Culinary Tour Trip Highlights
Highlights of the week-long Luxury Lakes culinary tour in Italy include visits of some of the jewels of Lake Como and Lake Maggiore. Discover Bellagio, which you will visit for one of your cooking classes, as well as the Borromean Islands, which are some of the most picturesque islands in Italy. One highlight of your Italian culinary tour will be your stay at a beautiful 5* lakefront hotel.
Experience the best of Italy’s Lakes District on our Luxury Lakes culinary tour. Most weeks start on Lake Como then head to Lake Maggiore and finally Milan.
- Private transfer from Milan to Lake Como.
- On the way you’ll stop in Lenno to visit Villa Balbianello, the “jewel of Lake Como,” to visit their marvelous gardens and private village.
- Arrive in Lenno and check in to your elegant 4-star hotel.
- Tonight dinner will be at the hotel restaurant, where you can take in the breathtaking panorama of Lake Como. Drinks not included.
- Take the public boat to Bellagio (the “imbarcadero” – boat landing stage – lies just a few steps from your hotel). Bellagio is a picturesque village with small streets, luxury hotels, villas and gardens. At 10:00am meet the chef at the ferry gate in Bellagio and he will accompany you to his renowned restaurant.
- You will have your private hands on cooking lesson with lunch to follow based on your efforts. Your class might focus on one of the area’s most traditional dishes: rice.
- In the afternoon take a walk to Villa Melzi and visit its beautiful gardens.
- Return to Lenno by public ferry.
- Day at leisure to relax and enjoy the fascinating atmosphere of these wonderful places: by public boat you can reach Tremezzo, where we you suggest you the visit of the botanical garden of Villa Carlotta, or Lenno, a small hidden village with breathtaking panorama. (Or, if you would like, we can arrange a second cooking class with Chef Luigi in Bellagio.)
- Pick up in the morning at 8:00am for a private transfer by car with English-speaking driver to Stresa on Lake Maggiore.
- Your accommodation will be at the 5-star hotel Villa Aminta on the shores of Lake Maggiore, right in front of the Borromee Islands. The Villa-hotel is conceived like a luxury Italian house and it is surrounded by an enchanting garden, your deluxe room has a private balcony and an incomparable view of Lake Maggiore and the Borromee Islands.
- Morning cooking class at the hotel upon arrival with lunch to follow based on your efforts.
- Free time in the afternoon.
- Your dinner will be at the refined restaurant of the hotel: superb cuisine and magnificent view on the Lake (beverages not included).
- After breakfast, meet your guide for a full-day boat cruise to the Borromee Islands. First visit Isola Madre, then it is on to Isola dei Pescatori, which was named after the fishermen who made this area their home; the island is characterized by simple homes, narrow lanes, stone portals, and beautiful underpasses.
- Sit down and enjoy a lunch at a local restaurant on the island. (Drinks not included).
- In the afternoon, continue on to Isola Bella, where you’ll visit Borromeo Palace with its magnificent gardens.
- Return to Stresa. Dinner on your own.
- After breakfast, private car transfer with an English-speaking driver to the bustling city of Milan.
- Check in to your accommodations at a 4-star boutique hotel.
- Enjoy some time on your own to explore Milan. Perhaps go shopping at one of the many chic boutiques in the city center, see the Last Supper fresco (tickets must be bought in advance), visit the Duomo to see an amazing view of the city from the cathedral’s roof, or visit some of the city’s many art galleries.
- Lunch and dinner on your own.
- Breakfast and check out.
- Private transfer to Milan airport.
Italian Culinary Vacation
Included in the 6-Night Italian Culinary Tour
- 3 nights accommodations at a 4-star hotel in Lenno
- 2 nights accommodations at a 5-star hotel in Stresa
- 1 night accommodation at a 4-star hotel in Milan
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 3 lunches (drinks not included)
- 2 dinners (drinks not included)
Classes & Instructors
Your two hands-on cooking classes will introduce you to the traditional cuisine of Northern Italy by learning dishes from two different chefs. Both classes include a full-course menu, and focus on regional specialties. While pasta will be on the menu, don’t be surprised to get a few tastes of rice, as it’s a staple in the region, as are game or wild fowl dishes. The hearty and delicious dishes will please your palate, as well as round out your trip, crafting memories to last a lifetime. (It is also possible to add an additional cooking class.)
- Full-day boat cruise to the Borromee Islands
- Visit of Villa Balbianello
- Self-guided excursion to Bellagio (ferry tickets not included)
- Private arrival transfer from Milan airport to Lake Como
- Private departure transfer from Milan hotel to Milan airport
- Transfers from Lenno to Stresa, and from Stresa to Milan
- Beverages with meals (purchased locally)
- Public boat tickets
- Local tourist tax (a few Euros per person per night), paid locally
- Tickets to the Last Supper (must be purchased in advance)
Start your tour of the stunning Lakes region in Lenno at the Albergo Lenno, a beautiful, lake-front 4* hotel with lake-view rooms with updated en suite bathrooms.
Them move on to truly stunning accommodations: the 5-star Villa Aminta on Lake Maggiore. With amazing views of the lake, and surrounded by a peaceful garden, the Villa is a relaxing getaway. All rooms are spacious and decorated with antiques as well as unique pieces like Murano lamps. Modern amenities include air conditioning, flat screen TV, telephone, mineral water, mini bar, safe, jacuzzi tub, WiFi, hair dryer, and more. The property also features two restaurants, swimming pool, and wellness spa.
In Milan stay at the elegant Hotel De Ville, which is wonderfully situated near the Duomo as well as some of the best designer-shopping streets in the city. All the public places are elegantly designed as are the 100+ rooms, which all have their own decorations and personality. Ensuite bathrooms are made with Italian marble, and all rooms feature amenities such as WiFi, TV, telephone, desk, air conditioning, safe, minibar, and hair dryer. The hotel also offers a swimming pool with a great view of the city, a well as a restaurant
Italian Culinary Tour on Lake Como & Lake Maggiore: Pricing & Dates
Find pricing and dates for our Luxury Lakes culinary tour below, and contact us for availability or to book your trip.
6-Night Luxury Lakes Culinary Vacation Pricing
US$4800 per person based on double occupancy
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance due 60 days prior.
Questions? Please contact us!
Single occupancy rate: please inquire.
Luxury Lakes Cooking Vacations Tour Dates
The Italian culinary tour on Italy’s northern lakes is available April through October with a Sunday start date. Sample weeks for the Luxury Lakes Tour follow, please inquire for availability.
May 29-June 4
June 26-July 2
July 31-August 6
August 28-September 3
September 25-October 1
We Can Help Plan The Best Luxury Culinary Tours in Italy!
The International Kitchen has been organizing the best cooking vacations in Italy and beyond for over 25 years. Trust our expertise in helping you plan your Italian culinary tour.
If you want to explore the northern Lakes District including Lake Como and Lake Maggiore, or any of Italy's other fabulous regions, we are here to help you plan the perfect cooking vacation!Contact us for more information, or you can indicate your interest during check out and we will follow up directly. Contact Us