Food & Wine Tours Champagne France
“I only drink Champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not.” – Coco Chanel
Champagne is the queen of bubblies, and one of the most recognizable wines in the world, and Champagne country is the perfect destination for wine tours in France. There a many rules that govern whether a wine can be classified as Champagne, including the provenance of the grapes and the fermentation method used – and you’ll learn all of these details as part of your fabulous champagne tastings during your culinary vacation and wine tasting tour in Champagne France!
Lying just an hour and a half from Paris, Champagne is the perfect accompaniment to any culinary tour in France. After exploring the glories of Paris neighborhoods or other regions, head to the rolling vineyards of Champagne and its quaint villages for a slice of French life.
Our wine tours in Chapagne France will include accommodations in the charming city of Reims, famed for its High Gothic cathedral, as well as numerous winery visits and tastings. You’ll round out your stay with a hands-on cooking class!
Whether you are looking for a weekend in Champagne or a mid-week getaway to Champagne country, our 3 day Champagne tour will satisfy every wine lover!
Your Champagne Wine Tour
Our fabulous wine tours in Champagne France include multiple visits to Champagne houses and tastings. Highlights of the Champagne wine tour include:
- Visits of Moët & Chandon, Taittinger, Avenue de Champagne, and Montagne de Reims vineyards
- Stop at Dom Perignon’s Abbey
- Semi-private tour of Reims, including the Cathedral and the Grandes Maisons de Champagne
- One hands-on cooking class
- Arrive in Reims on your own and taxi to your 4*, centrally located hotel, home for your food and wine tour in Champagne, France.
- Dinner on your own in one of the city’s many fabulous restaurants.
- Pick up: 09:30 AM at Reims Train Station forecourt or 09:15 AM at your hotel.
- Tour and Champagne tasting at Taittinger (Visit includes: L’Instant Premier with one glass of Champagne). Taittinger is one of the last Grandes Maisons de Champagne to be independent and owned by the grandson of the founder, Pierre Taittinger. Taittinger’s style is characterised by a high proportion of Chardonnay, synonymous with finesse and elegance in the Champagne region. Taittinger vineyards cover 288 hectares which include some of the appellation’s finest. This Grande Maison’s treasure is not only the millions of bottles in the cellars but the remains from the old benedictine abbay of St Nicaise dating back to the 13th century and the old chalk quarries dating from the 4th century listed as a Unesco world heritage site. The tour is followed by a tasting of one glass of Brut Réserve. (There is the possibility for you to try other kinds of Champagnes. You just have to pay for the extra tastings at the end of the tour.)
- Sightseeing of the city of Reims: Grandes Maisons de Champagne, Cathedral… Drive through the streets of Reims to see the other famous champagne houses and glimpse its monuments: la place Royale, the city hall, place du Forum and above all the Cathedral. (You will visit the Cathedral on Day 3 during your Reims tour.)
- Hautvillers sightseeing: On the way to Epernay, see the Marne Valley on a journey through the vineyards to encounter the legacy of a prestigious figure of the area: Dom Pérignon who finalized the process of making Champagne. He contributed greatly to the fame of Champagne and is now buried in the church of the former Benedictine Abbey of Hautvillers.
- Lunch at your leisure in Epernay. (Or, if you’d like to add an option gourmet lunch for $80 per person please inquire.)
- Your wine tour in Champagne continues with sightseeing of Avenue de Champagne in Epernay: Epernay is internationally known as the “Capital of Champagne”. Epernay’s stunning main street appears like an exhibition of opulent mansions housing the most illustrious Maisons de Champagne: Moët & Chandon, Perrier-Jouet, Mercier, etc. Not to mention the 110km of tunnels under the pavement!
- Enjoy a guided tour and tasting at world famous Grande Maison de Champagne Moët & Chandon* (Visit includes: Imperial tour with 2 glasses of Champagne) . Founded in 1743 by Claude Möet it became within 40 years the first international brand in the world. Its history is linked to some famous figures such as The Marquise de Pompadour and Napoleon 1st, and many historical events, such as King Edwards VII’s coronation, the Cannes Film Festival, the 120th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty, etc You are going to visit the largest cellar in champagne. The Tour ends with a glass of Moet Impérial.
- Drop-off around 05:30 PM at your hotel.
- Dinner on your own and overnight.
- (Please note: Visits are subject to availability: Taittinger could be replaced by Mumm or Pommery. Moet & Chandon could be replaced by Mercier, Feuillatte or De Castellane.)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Pick up: 09:00AM at Reims Train Station forecourt or 08:50 AM at your hotel.
- You start your day with sightseeing of Reims. Known as the city of coronation, Reims is also the city of Champagne, definitely the most celebrated and festive of wines! You will enjoy the sight of the Reims Grandes Maisons de Champagne: Veuve Cliquot, Taittinger, Pommery, etc., many names that will make you think of a great party or a romantic dinner with a glass of champagne… And you are going to have more than one!
- Guided tour and tasting at world famous Grande Maison de Champagne Veuve Clicquot: House founded in 1772 by Philippe Clicquot and his widow Barbe Nicole Clicquot Ponsardin. Take a dip into the heart of this House, its heritage, its savoir-faire. And discover the secrets of the wine-making process of its cuvées. Tour and Champagne tasting of the Brut Yellow Label cuvée. (Please be informed according to availability, Veuve Clicquot could be replaced by Champagne G.H. Mumm.)
- Guided tour of the Cathedral of Reims. Listed in the Unesco World Heritage, 13th century Notre-Dame de Reims Cathedral is one of Europe’s most important Gothic structures. Let you be captivated by the unique stained glasses and the exceptionally rich statuary – over 2 300 statues among which the famous Smiling Angel. It is here that King Clovis was baptized around year 498 giving birth to the Kingdom of the Franks and starting a long-lasting tradition: except two, all of the Kings of France would be crowned here!
- Enjoy a lunch and champagne tasting at a local cellar or Champagne bar, paired with 3 types of champagne (Blanc de blanc, Blanc de noirs, and Rosé).
- After lunch, head to the Montagne de Reims vinyeards and the scenic route du Champagne. It winds its way between plains and vineyards, passing the Grand Cru villages such as Verzy, Verzenay, and Bouzy. Stop at a family vineyard to discover the “terroir” of these champagnes.
- Return to Reims around 5:00 pm. Evening and dinner at leisure.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Enjoy a private cooking class this morning at a local cooking atelier. Your instructor is a chef and pastry chef who worked in major hotels and restaurants in England and Canada before returning to his hometown of Reims. In 2016 he opened his culinary workshop and started teaching his guests and new friends about French gastronomy and oenology during hands-on, friendly cooking classes. Learn about seasonal products, chef’s techniques, and local wines during your class and the lunch that follows.
- After lunch, visit the boutique of the Maison Fossier, a biscuit-maker since 1756. The Maison Fossier has preserved centuries of tradition, including the Biscuit Rose de Reims, one of the city’s most famous products. Enjoy a tasting of the biscuits.
- Finally, one last champagne tasting at a local champagne bar to end your France wine tour before you head to the Reims station. Au revoir!
Included in Your 3 Day Champagne Tour
3 nights in a 4* hotel in Reims
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 2 lunches
- Winery visits and wine tastings
Classes & Instructors
Your hands-on cooking class will be at a cooking atelier run by a chef with years of experience working as both a chef and a pastry chef. Enjoy a relaxed but informative hands-on class preparing an authentic and seasonal French meal.
- Semi-private wine tours in France as per itinerary, including the Moët & Chandon, Taittinger, Avenue de Champagne, and Montagne de Reims vineyards
- Stop in Hautvillers and Dom Perignon’s Abbey
- Semi-private tour (max 8 people) of Reims including the Cathedral and the Grandes Maisons de Champagne (entrance fees and tastings included)
- Private tour day 4 with visit of the Maison Fossier & biscuit tasting
Transfers are not included, as your hotel is an easy taxi ride from the Reims train station. Alternately, private transfers can be arranged on request.
The 4* La Paix hotel is situated in the heart of Reims, a stone’s throw from the Cathedral and the shops. It combines French cultural heritage with modern design in a fluid and light atmosphere. It also has a restaurant, bar, and indoor swimming pool.
Wine Tours Champagne Pricing & Tour Dates
Check out the pricing and dates for our wine tours in Champagne country below, and contact us for availability or to start planning your trip.
Looking for tour date information?
3 Day Champagne Tour Pricing:
3-Night Food & Wine Tour Pricing
US$2250 per person based on double occupancy
- Add US$380 for single occupancy (use of a double room by 1 person)
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 60 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
Please inquire for 5* upgrades or pricing for groups of 4 or more.
Champagne Wine Tour Dates
Our wine tours Champagne France are available any dates you choose for a minimum of 2 people. Please note tours cannot happen on Sundays, depending on your arrival date, the order of activities for your wine tour in France may be modified.
Sample dates with Sunday arrival follow. Other start dates also available, please inquire.
October 31-November 3
November 28-December 1
Sample dates with Sunday arrival follow. Other start dates also available, please inquire.
January 30-February 2
February 27-March 2
May 29-June 1
July 31-August 3
October 30-November 2
There are no reviews at this time.