Umbria Cooking Vacation
This trip is eligible for our Worry-Free Booking promotion.
The picturesque town of Montefalco is perfectly situated in central Umbria, where it offers a stunning panoramic view of the Spoleto valley, full of olive groves and vineyards. Cobbled streets slope upwards to the center of the town, giving way to the town’s nickname, “la ringhiera dell’Umbria,” which means “the balcony of Umbria.” It is a perfect location for an Italian culinary vacation featuring Umbrian cuisine. While known for its stunning views, Montefalco is also known for its beautiful medieval churches and its Passito, Sagrantino, and Secco wines.
Umbria Cooking Vacation Highlights
Your amazing Umbria cooking vacation will include 2 hands-on cooking classes in which you will explore Umbrian cuisine, including pasta and pizza. Your three-day tour will also take you to the charming town of Bevagna, and to the shop of an expert butcher!
Culinary Vacation Itinerary
Itinerary runs Friday to Monday.
- Transfer from Foligno train station and check-in to your room at Villa Pambuffetti in Montefalco.
- Enjoy a welcome drink, followed by dinner in the hotel.
- Following breakfast, begin your first cooking class with Alessandra.
- Lunch to follow based on your efforts with local wines included.
- In the afternoon, visit the butcher Massimiliano Angelucci in Montefalco to see the way salame, sausages, and other meats are produced and prepared.
- Dinner on your own this evening.
- Your second hands-on cooking class, followed by lunch based on your efforts. Local wines included.
- In the afternoon, depart for the walled town of Bevagna, which is flat unlike many Umbrian hill towns. On your own, see the influence of both the Etruscans and Romans on the churches, museums, and architecture.
- Dinner at a charming restaurant in Montefalco.
- Breakfast, check-out, and transfer to Foligno train station.
Umbria Cooking Vacation Tour Details
Included in the 3-Night Cooking Vacation in Umbria
3 nights accommodation in standard double room
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 2 lunches (wine included)
- 2 dinners (drinks not included)
Classes & Instructors
Your 2 hands-on cooking lessons at Villa Pambuffetti are led by Italian-born Alessandra Pambuffetti, who speaks excellent English, and her cook Anna. At a young age, Alessandra discovered her passion for cooking while she helped her babysitter knead pizza dough. She learned the secrets to Italian cooking from her grandmothers and Chef Betulia, who cooked for the Pambuffetti family. In 1992, when the Pambuffetti family opened the villa, Alessandra cooked in the restaurant and began teaching cooking classes. During the classes, Alessandra and Anna share both Alessandra’s family culinary secrets and local folklore as you learn to create classic Italian and Umbrian dishes, including pizza and pasta.
- Visit of butcher shop to see local products
- Excursion to Bevagna with time to explore on your own
- Round-trip transfers to/from Foligno train station _(Please note early or late transfers may incur a surcharge.)_
- Welcome drink
Just outside the ancient walls of Montefalco, and within walking distance, lies the 200-year-old Villa Pambuffetti in a serene setting among beautiful gardens. Upper bedrooms of this renovated villa, once a family palazzo, offer wonderful views of the Umbrian countryside. Inside, the 12 comfortable rooms and 3 suites are furnished with antiques and modern amenities, including en suite baths, air-conditioning, television, mini-bar, room safe, and free WiFi. Among the beautiful cypress trees is a large heated pool. Villa Pambuffetti is a true Italian sanctuary, offering a peaceful setting to relax, rejuvenate, and learn about Umbria and its cuisine.
Umbria Cooking Vacation Pricing & Tour Dates
See pricing and dates for our authentic Umbria cooking vacation in Montefalco below, and contact us for availability or to plan your Italy culinary vacation.
Umbria Cooking Vacation 3-night Pricing:
3-Night Cooking Vacation Pricing
US$900 per person based on double occupancy
- Add US$125 per person to upgrade to superior room
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
This trip is eligible for our “Worry-Free Booking” promotion*, which means your deposit is fully refundable up to 31 days prior to the trip start date. Questions? Please contact us!
*See our terms & conditions for details and exclusions.
Umbria Cooking Vacation Tour Dates
Our Umbria cooking vacation at Villa Pambuffetti can be booked any weekend Friday to Monday for a minimum of 2 people. Please inquire with specific dates for availability.
2022 Sample Dates. Please inquire for availability.
April 29-May 2
July 29-August 1
September 30-October 3