As the weather starts to cool down, warm up with a delightful fish dish from the kitchen of noted Chef Marc Heracle, who for many, many years taught our culinary travelers Provencal cuisine from his cooking atelier in Aix. Chef Marc has since retired, but we have many other wonderful chefs who have taken up the task of leading our Provence cooking vacations and culinary tours. You can, for instance, cook with Chef Gilles in Aix, or Chef Jean-Marc in Maubec – or take a multi-day cooking vacation in Provence with Chef Mark!
Chef Marc’s poisson Marseillaise embodies much of what the Provencal cuisine is about, and this particular recipes provides a twist on the traditional while still using seasonal ingredients.
Please contact us for details on any of our culinary vacations in Provence.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Cook method: Pan fry, Broil
- 1.5 pounds of codfish fillets
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups of chopped parsley
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 10 black olives, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. In a food processor, mix the lemon zest, garlic, and bread crumbs. Once mixed, add in the parsley.
2. Cook the fish in a pan with the olive oil, so that it becomes flaky. To do this, make sure the pan is well-heated before you add the fish, then cook for a few minutes on each side.
3. Once the fish is done cooking, top it with the olives and put the mixture over the fish. Pop it into the oven for just a minute under the broiler to crips up the topping.
Pair it with a wonderful Provencal wine!
By Peg Kern
Learn more about Provence in our blog, including:
- 5 Reasons to Visit Aix-en-Provence
- Wine & Cheese Pairings
- Interview with Chef Mark of our Cuisine and Culture of Provence cooking vacation
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.