Filo Pastry Parcels of Four Cheeses
h2. June 2009
A delectable recipe from the wonderful
Chef Robert Ash of the Robert Ash Cookery School, one of our best cooking programs!
* 225 g (about 8 oz) of grated, strong cheddar cheese or 60 g (2 oz) each of grated parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar and stilton
* 1 apple, peeled and chopped
* 1 tbsp grain mustard
* 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
* 1 tbsp sultanas or chopped dates
* 1 tbsp chopped nut (such as pecans, walnuts, or pine nuts)
* 2 beaten eggs
* black pepper
* 4 sheets frozen filo pastry
* melted butter for brushing
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together except the filo pastry and the melted butter, and place in the refrigerator to firm up.
Brush the top surface of two sheets of filo pastry, place some of the filling in the centre of the first sheet and wrap it up in a square shape.
Then place the square in the centre of the second sheet and gather up all the sides into a round shape and twist the edges together on top like a purse.
Brush with melted butter and bake in a 400°F oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size.