All-Inclusive Italian Food and Wine Tour in the Sabine Hills
Journey to the Sabine Hills in the Lazio region of Italy on an authentic all-inclusive culinary tour with The International Kitchen and experience the country like an insider.
Travel outside of the capital city of Rome to experience stunning gardens, hilltop castle towns, ancient Etruscan tombs and Roman cities, miles of coastline with pristine beaches, and numerous authentic foodie experiences to satisfy any culinary traveler on an Italian all-inclusive foodie tour.
Lying just outside of Rome, in the northeast, discover a place of rustic tranquility, fertile lands, and stunning views. Italy offers the culinary traveler a way to experience authentic Italian life and enjoy the best of an enchanting and unspoiled land.
From small medieval towns and monasteries nestled in the hills to the stunning gardens and fountains to the wonders of the local cuisine, this region offers a plethora of culture, beauty, and cuisine to the savvy traveler on our all-inclusive culinary tours in Italy.
For many years now we have partnered with one of the best providers of luxury all-inclusive culinary tours in Italy. You will stay at a beautiful private villa, cook in an expansive teaching kitchen, and enjoy delicious Italian cuisine and meals created by your own hands and among new friends.
Travel to Italy with us on our all-inclusive culinary tours and discover a beautiful and authentic part of the country.
Trip Details of All-Inclusive Culinary Vacations in Italy
Italy is home to Rome but also so much more! From the Sabine Hills countryside, you can visit the gardens of the Villa d’Este, hilltop castle towns, ancient Etruscan tombs, and more. The Italian cuisine on this all-inclusive food tour is based on pastas, breads, locally grown olive oil, meats, and produce, as well as fish from the lakes and the coast. Most famous of all are the pastas of the Lazio region of Italy – carbonara, griscia, amatriciana, cacio e pepe – which you can explore in our enogastronomic tours near Rome and throughout Italy.
Live – and dine! – like a local on our best all-inclusive gourmet tours and explore the countryside of the Sabine HIlls and small villages of Italy, with their amazing bread, porchetta, pastas, cheeses, and wines.
- Late morning or early afternoon transfer from Rome airport (Fiumicino or Ciampino) or train station (Termini) to the villa.
- Time to relax and explore the villa and the grounds. Perhaps take a dip in the pool, or relax in the sauna before meeting your hosts and other culinary companions.
- This evening, a welcome dinner where you will experience real Roman hospitality and discuss the itinerary for the week.
- Breakfast in the dining room or, weather permitting, on one of the outdoor terraces or covered verandas overlooking the surrounding olive groves and countryside.
- Meet your chef and staff who will guide you through the week.
- Next, your first hands-on cooking lesson in the beautiful newly designed teaching kitchen. Learn how to prepare a typical Roman meal from start to finish, and then enjoy it afterwards for lunch.
- In the afternoon, visit the stunning castle of Palombara Sabina, the charming nearby medieval town. You will have a rare chance to visit the castle museum, not normally open to the public, and to enjoy the stunning views of Sabina region at sunset. Following a visit to the castle/museum, enjoy a dinner at medieval castle in Palombara Sabina.
- Return to the villa and overnight.
- Off to nearby the hilltop village of Tivoli for a visit of the open air market where you will learn to pick the freshest and best local ingredients for your next cooking class.
- Next, a visit of the amazing Villa d’Este. One of the prime examples of Renaissance architecture and of the Italian Renaissance garden, it is now a UNESCO world heritage site. The villa, although gorgeous, pales in comparison to the extensive and intricate gardens, complete with nymphs, grottos, and the world-famous fountains that have inspired designers, artists, and poets for centuries.
- Lunch in a local restaurant in Tivoli.
- Transfer back to the property for your second cooking lesson.
- Dinner to follow based on your efforts out on the sunset terrace.
- Breakfast, and depart for a special day in Rome!
- Today you will experience a day-long adventure exploring the secrets of Ancient Rome. Your special guided tour of the city will feature places not normally visited by tourists, the Rome that was dear to the ancients and known by modern-day Romans. Your experienced guide will show you the art, food, history, and culture of the Eternal City. Lunch will be savored in Rome during the course of the day, and dinner will take place in a beautiful and chic rooftop restaurant in the historical center.
- Transfer back to the villa and overnight.
- A leisurely breakfast after your full day of touring on Wednesday.
- Take a private transfer to the nearby region of Umbria for a winery visit and tasting. You’ll also get to enjoy lunch at a lovely wine estate.
- In the afternoon, take a stroll in the walled city of Orvieto, which is known for its stunning views and its impressive cathedral.
- Return to the villa to take part in a hands-on pizza making class using the property’s outdoor pizza oven. Dinner to follow based on your efforts.
- This morning, depart for a nearby olive grove and mill to learn about the local olive oil production, which started during ancient Roman times. You might also stop at a local dairy to learn about local cheeses. Return to the villa for an olive oil tasting, along with lunch.
- This afternoon, your last cooking lesson, in which you will employ all the skills you have learned during your other lessons to create a large graduation dinner, from antipasti to dolci.
- Light breakfast and goodbye to your hosts and friends, then transfer to Rome airport or train station.
Italian All-Inclusive Food Tour Details
Included in the 6-Night All-Inclusive Culinary Vacations in Italy
6 nights accommodation at private villa
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 5 lunches
- 6 dinners
- Local wine with all included meals
Classes & Instructors
You will have 4 wonderful hands-on cooking lessons during your culinary vacation, including a special pizza class. Your guide for your all-inclusive Italian cooking lessons in the Sabine Hills will be the young chef of the villa, Chef Riccardo, who studied with a Michelin-starred chef in Sicily. While you will of course learn the secrets of ‘la cucina romana,’ Roman cuisine, you will also enjoy making other fabulous Lazio and Italian dishes. The cooking classes will take place in the villa’s wonderful teaching kitchen, which boasts individual work stations, multiple cooking tops and ovens, and amazing views of the countryside on three sides so you will feel one with the land whose bounty you will be exploring. The classes will focus on recipes from professional chefs, ‘nonnas’ (grandmas), and special visiting chefs. You will use only the freshest ingredients, including the property’s own DOP-certified olive oil, and will learn to make everything from appetizers and pastas, to meat and fish dishes, to pizzas and desserts.
- Visit of the Palombara Sabina castle, including its museum
- Excursion to Tivoli to see the market and the Villa d’Este, a UNESCO world heritage site famed for its extensive and intricate gardens and fountains
- Insider’s day in Rome
- Excursion to Umbria including winery visit and Orvieto
- Visit to local food producers such as an olive oil producer and, when available, a cheese producer
- Transfers to and from Rome’s main train station (Termini) or airports (Fiumicino and Ciampino). Transfers will also be made to Rome hotels with central locations, if possible (some driving restrictions may apply).
- Massages, or trips to local Spas
- Liquor, cocktails, or special requests on wine
- Additional trips into Rome or to other venues, including shopping excursions (specialty shopping trips for custom tailored clothing can be made)
This charming villa in the Sabina region was built as a private summer home in the early 80’s and recently renovated for use as a villa rental and site of a culinary vacation. The house features eight elegant guest suites with en suite baths, a wonderful common living room for gathering, several outdoor verandas and terraces, and a magnificent teaching kitchen with glass walls looking out onto the surrounding countryside. The spacious rooms include air conditioning, free WiFi, and satellite TV. The grounds boast a large outdoor pool and extensive gardens and orchards, including the olive trees that produces the property’s excellent olive oil.
Italian All-Inclusive Food and Wine Tasting Tour Pricing & Dates
Find pricing and dates for our wine tasting and all-inclusive foodie tours in Italy below, and contact us for availability or to book your trip.
All-Inclusive Italian Foodie Tour Pricing:
US$3900 per person based on double occupancy
- Add US$700 for single occupancy (use of a double room by 1 person)
- Subtract US$100 per non-cooking companion
- Add US$100 per person to upgrade to Upstairs room
- Add US$300 per person to upgrade to Upstairs suite
30% deposit due to confirm booking.
Balance payment due 90 days prior to tour start date. Questions? Please contact us!
All-Inclusive Italian Cooking Vacations Tour Dates 2024
Please see sample weeks for our all-inclusive culinary vacations in Italy below, and contact us to confirm availability. We can also offer private weeks for private groups wanting the ultimate cooking vacation in Italy!
Contact us for availability!
March 31-April 6
April 28-May 4
May 26-June 1
September 29-October 5
October 27-November 2
Let Us Design Your All-Inclusive Culinary Tour in Italy!
Explore the flavors of the Rome and the Sabine Hills on our all-inclusive Italian cooking vacations! Our cooking classes and food tours will afford you the opportunity to take full advantage of Italy's bountiful harvests and ancient culinary traditions.Contact us today to plan your deluxe all-inclusive Italian cooking vacation and experience the trip of your dreams! Contact Us
Explore More with Our Diverse Italian Food and Wine Tour Selections!
Please see other cooking vacations and tours in Lazio and Italy below, and don’t forget to take a moment to peruse all of the amazing cooking vacations we have available.