Culinary Experience on the Amalfi Coast
The Amalfi Coast is popular in the world for its beautiful panoramas. It’s 50 kilometers of coastline characterized by a number of pretty towns built between the mountain and the sea. The unforgettable views and natural beauties (first of all the Emerald Grotto), the chance to have fabulous shopping (mostly clothes and ceramics), some unforgettable monuments (as the Amalfi Duomo and Villa Rufolo in Ravello), the chance to taste the typical local gastronomy: all this is part of a visit to the Amalfi Coast!
Culinary Experience on the Amalfi Coast Itinerary
The program may be altered slightly due to weather, season, and opening and closing time of establishments.
- Transfer from Naples airport or train station to your hotel.
- Dinner tonight at a local restaurant (beverages not included). Overnight.
- Following breakfast, depart for a driving excursion to Pompeii to discover the ruins of the Roman city, which was destroyed by the Vesuvius eruption in 79 AD. Experience a guided tour of the site.
- Next, head to Mt. Vesuvius to visit a wine estate’s cellar. While visiting the volcano, enjoy a lunch paired with wine.
- Return to Sorrento late afternoon for a cooking class at Villa Ida. On this family estate, prepare a full meal and taste their family wine. Dinner to follow with local wine. You then be returned to the hotel.
- Breakfast, followed by some time to relax, perhaps by the pool.
- Later in the morning, take part in a pizza-making class with an English-speaking “pizzaiolo.” You’ll start by preparing pizza dough, which will later be cooked with various toppings in a wood-fired oven.
- Enjoy your customized pizza creations for lunch.
- In the afternoon, head to downtown Sorrento for a gelato making class at “Gelateria Bouganville.” Following class, taste your favorite gelato. For those staying at the Hotel Mediterraneo, return to the hotel via the shuttle bus. (For those staying at the Villa Garden, transfer back by private car.)
- Dinner on your own with suggestions from the hotel’s concierge.
- After breakfast, depart by private yacht for the beautiful island of Capri for a full-day trip in this “paradise.” This excursion includes round-trip transfers between the hotel and the Sorrento port, as well as the round trip between Sorrento and Capri on the hotel’s private yacht. You’ll also have an apperitivo on board. (Please note that this excursion is dependent on the weather and having a minimum number of participants.)
- The day is at your disposal to discover the island on your own. Perhaps visit the blue grotto, hike the paths past exclusive residences, go shopping, and visit the town of Anacapri.
- Return to Sorrento.
- Dinner at a local restaurant in Sorrento (drinks not included), and overnight.
- In the morning tour an agriturismo, La Sorgente, where a family has preserved a thousand-year-old tradition of making cheese. Not only will you see how Treccia and Caciottine cheese is made, but you’ll also taste their products, including cheese and salumi paired with a tasting of local wine.
- Afternoon on your own. Perhaps explore the town of Sorrento; In Sorrento, there is an abundance of shops from designer brands to locally-produced goods, such as linens.
- Dinner on your own tonight.
- Today enjoy a full-day visit to the famous Amalfi Coast, with your first stop in Montepertuso, a beautiful village surrounded by green hills just above Positano. While here, meet Chef Salvatore of il Ritrovo Restaurant for a hands-on cooking class focused on traditional Amalfi Coast dishes.
- Lunch to follow based on your efforts, along with a limoncello tasting!
- Continue your day on the Coast with stops in such famous towns as Amalfi and Positano with their beautiful landscapes. Before returning to Sorrento, briefly stop in the charming village of Ravello.
- Return to Sorrento for your farewell dinner at a local restaurant (drinks included).
- Breakfast and check out.
- Group transfer around 9 or 10 AM to either Naples train station or Naples airport.