The Lido is considered the Golden Island, a luxurious 12 kilometer strip packed with charming historical homes and of course gorgeous beaches on both the Adriatic Sea and the lagoon. The Lido’s beauty serves as inspiration for many poets, including Lord Byron, due to the amazing sunset over the lagoon as well as the lush greenery. The Lido di Venezia has long been considered a luxurious escape from the hubbub of the mainland; with just a short 10-minute trip across the lagoon, visit this beach resort island that is the perfect relaxing getaway. In addition to enjoying the beaches, the Lido is also known for its tennis courts as well as its beautiful golf club, an International Film Festival, and stunning Liberty architecture.
Insider's Venice Itinerary
Order of activities may vary depending on time of arrival, and season.
- Arrive on your own at Villa Ines and check in.
- Afternoon and evening on your own.
- Dinner on your own; restaurant suggestions provided.
- This morning enjoy a cooking class at the Villa focused on preparing a typical Venetian meal. Lunch with wine to follow.
- Afternoon at leisure and dinner on your own.
- Transfer to Murano to visit the Seguoso’s family glass factory. Marika’s husband and his brothers are the last generation of the Seguso family and have a long and prestigious history in the Murano glass business with more than 600 years of tradition.
- Lunch in Murano (beverages not included), then time to explore the island on your own. (Transfer back to the Lido on your own.)
- Afternoon and dinner on your own; restaurant suggestions provided.
- Breakfast and departure.