A Venice Cooking Odyssey
Venice is known around the world as the city of canals, bridges, and stunning architecture, much of which hasn’t changed since the Middle Ages. The enchanting city, comprised of 118 small islands, offers so much to do, see, and of course eat during a culinary vacation. Take the vaporetto, water taxis, between the islands to discover world-class museums such as the Ca’ D’Oro and enjoy delicious seafood dishes and local cocktails such as the spritz made with a bitter orange liqueur.
While in Venice for your cooking vacation, you will stay in a 4* hotel on Venice island. After Venice it’s on to the Lido, known as the Golden Island and a beautiful, authentic getaway away from the crowds of Venice.
A Venice Cooking Odyssey Trip Details
Included in the 5-Night Trip
5 nights accommodation, 3 on Venice island, and 2 nights on the Venice Lido
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 3 lunches
- 1 dinner (beverages not included)
Classes & Instructors
Your will have 2 hands-on cooking classes during your stay:
- Your first hands-on cooking class starts at the Rialto food market near one of Venice’s most recognizable landmarks, the Rialto Bridge. At the market, experience vibrant Venetian life as you visit stalls full of fruits, vegetables, and of course fresh fish. This class takes place at Osteria Al Assassini, a ‘bacaro’ or informal restaurant/wine bar; you’ll learn how to make seasonal and traditional Venetian dishes from an entertaining and passionate Chef Giuseppe Galardi, who is also called Giusy because his mom wanted a girl!
- The other cooking class is on the island of the Lido in a professional cooking school run by Chef Marika. Through this wonderful class, you will learn how to make a full traditional Venetian menu based on what’s in season.
- Guided trip to Murano with glass factory visit
- Excursion to Burano and Torcello
30 minute Gondola ride
2-hour walking tour of the "Castello" district
- Private round trip group boat transfer to/from Venice airport or train station*
- Rialto market visit
- Escorted transfer from Venice to the Lido