Recipe for Greek Chicken Souvlaki
May 25, 2023
When summer rolls around, it is time to pull out the grill. My family loves anything cooked on the grill, and it's a lot more…Read This Post
Pasta and the aristocratic Medici family… both have influenced Italy in so many ways, and this dish from the kitchen of Chef Silvia pays tribute to both. This indulgent dish highlights many of the wonderful products you’ll find in the Tuscan countryside, from the homemade pasta to the mushrooms as well as the ricotta and parmigiano. Plus, while the dish may hail from a Michelin-rated restaurant it’s still accessible and easily replicated in a home kitchen.
Learn more dishes like this one with a trip to our Cooking Under the Tuscan Sun culinary vacation, located right outside Cortona, and where NBC Extra’s Mansions & Millionaires filmed in 2014.
Read our interview with celebrity chef Silvia Baracchi.
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cook method: Boil, Bake
Ingredients for the pasta
Ingredients for the filling
Check out all our cooking vacations in Tuscany.
1. Start by making the pasta, either by hand or with a pasta machine. Combine the flour, eggs, and salt, as well as with water (if necessary), to form a smooth elastic dough.
2. Wrap the dough with cling wrap and place in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
3. While the dough rests, start preparing the filling by combining the ricotta, eggs, flour, cheese, breadcrumbs, sautéed mushrooms, salt, pepper, oregano, and marjoram. Mix the ingredients until they’re well combined.
4. Cut the sheets of pasta into the shape/size of 20×40 cm either by hand or using the pasta machine.
5. Cook the pasta briefly in salted boiling water with a little olive oil added to prevent the sheets from sticking together.
6. Drain the pasta and let it dry on a clean cloth.
7. Cover the pasta sheets with the prepared ricotta and mushrooms mixture, and then roll the sheets so that they form a cylinder.
8. Wrap the pasta with a plastic wrap and seal. Then place the wrapped pasta in boiling salted water and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
9. Once the pasta has slightly cooled, unwrap the pasta and cut them into rings.
10. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and then place in the oven until they turn golden in color.
11. Serve the pasta with your choice of sauces or aromatic oils! Enjoy!
Interested in more pasta recipes? Try these dishes from our cooking vacations in Italy:
Search our blog for more chef interviews, recipes, and destinations features.
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.
Find more photos, videos, food facts, and travel stories from The International Kitchen on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.