Flan di Radicchio al Balsamico (Radicchio Flan with Balsamic Vinegar)
If you’re looking for something creative and unique to cook for the holidays, look no further. Flan di radicchio al Balsamico, or radicchio flan with balsamic vinegar, is a holiday flan straight from an Italian kitchen. If you like this recipe, check out our Tuscan cooking vacations.
* 2 bunches of red radicchio (chopped)
* 2 white onions
* 7 onces (sheep) ricotta cheese
* 3 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
* 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese (grated)
* 1 oz. butter
* 6½ tbsp. of white wine
* 1 egg
* 5 tbsp. of breadcrumbs
* salt and pepper
1. Chop onions and saute in butter. Once they become transparent, add the chopped radicchio. Stir in vinegar and then white wine. Cook slowly for 10 minutes.
2. Whip the ricotta cheese in a bowl with parmesan cheese, nutmeg and the egg. Add the cooked radicchio and mix all the ingredients with breadcrumbs until you get a dry mixture.
3. Butter six small molds and fill with the mixture you have just prepared, stopping about ½ inch from the top.
4. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve them when they are hot from the oven with fresh tomato and basil. Buon appetito!