November 11, 2022
Our French Foodie Getaway culinary vacation in Tours, France, is fast becoming a favorite. This short stay in one of Europe's most charming and picturesque…Read This Post
The holidays may be over, but you can still enjoy a special treat from Rome. The recipe for these delicious wine biscuits is fro one of our cooking classes in Italy. It’s simple and quick, and very much an Italian way of cooking – you’ll be mixing oil and wine with flour and sugar! But once these desserts start baking, they’re sure to warm your kitchen and delight your family’s senses. This sweet dessert can be perfectly paired with a sweet liqueur like Passito or Morellino. Here’s to a wonderful year!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cook method: Bake
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar.
2. Add the wine and oil, and mix with a large fork and then with your hands.
3. Roll small pieces of dough between hands to make “logs,” then shape into circles. The circles should be no bigger than 2 inches in diameter.
4. Roll cookies in extra sugar on just one side, and then place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven set at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until slightly brown. After cookies cool, they should be hard and crisp.
For the true experience of Ciambelline al Vino, dip in a sweet liqueur like Passito or Morellino right before taking a bite!
To learn more about celebrating the holidays in Italy, see our blogs on:
What are your favorite holiday treats?
By Peg Kern
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.