January 20, 2022
Stuffed grape leaves are a staple throughout many eastern Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries. They are delicious and versatile, can be stuffed with meat or…Read This Post
While Chef Sidney calls the Loire Valley home today, he grew up in the plains of Zululand in South Africa. That’s why it’s no surprise that African cuisine and flavors still hold a special place in his heart. This particular dish, chicken galinha à Africana, is also referred to as Portuguese chicken, because the Portuguese from Mozambique and Angola brought it to South Africa and infused the dish with African ingredients. But you can make this delectable dish at home too!
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus overnight)
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cook method: Grill
1. Place peppers, piri piri, chiles, vinegar, garlic, paprika and coriander in to a food processor.
2. Blend and add a little extra virgin olive oil to create a runny but thick marinade.
3. Toss chicken in ½ the marinade, ensuring chicken is well covered and cover, keep in refrigerator overnight.
4. The chicken is best cooked on a barbecue until crispy and dark brown. However it can also be cooked on a hot griddle pan.
5. While the chicken is cooking, place remaining marinade in a saucepan and warm over a medium heat.
6. Sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander and serve with crusty bread and a lemon wedge.
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.