April 14, 2021
Ramadan is the holy month for Muslims around the world, a time of fasting, prayer, and charity. The dates of Ramadan change each year (moving…Read This Post
At The International Kitchen we’re huge fans of fresh produce and love this delicious vegetable dish from our friend Robert Ash, with whom we’ve been collaborating for over twenty years. Robert offers a fabulous cooking vacation and Burgundy wine tour that has long been one of our favorites.
The dish is both beautiful and delicious and pairs perfectly with meat or fish, or can be enjoyed on its own (perhaps with a bit of fresh French bread). Serve it with your favorite Burgundy wine!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Cook method: grill
1. Thinly slice the eggplant and zucchini and brush with olive oil.
2. Put them 3 or 4 slices at a time on a very hot, dry, ribbed grill pan, marking both sides.
3. Remove them and set aside to cool.
4. Roast the peppers under the broiler or over an open flame until charred, then peel them, de-seed them, and cut them in strips.
5. Mix together the fresh basil leaves, capers, peppers and vegetables slices, dressing with a little olive oil, a squirt of lemon juice, salt to taste, and pepper.
6. Serve on top of arugula and garnish with parmesan shavings.
What are your favorite spring time vegetables dishes?
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best culinary tours.
By Peg Kern