Cooking in Brittany
Brittany juts out into the sea from the northern shores of France, and it offers an intriguing mix of Celtic and French cultures. Its stunning, craggy shores, megalithic monuments, and medieval castles seem lifted from Arthurian legend. See firsthand landscapes that have been inspiring awe in visitors for centuries, all while exploring the best of Breton, French, and European cuisine during hands-on cooking courses.
Join us for an intensive cooking week in this mythic land, where French flavors will come alive!
Cooking in Brittany Trip Details
Included in the 6-Night Trip
6 nights accommodation at a local B&B or guesthouse
Food & Beverages
- Daily light breakfast (please note that at the _gites_ you will have to preparer your own breakfast)
- 4 lunches
- Galette tasting at the market
- 6 dinners
- Wine included with all meals (except the tasting at the market)
Classes & Instructors
Your intensive cooking vacation program will include 9 hands-on cooking lessons, with twice daily courses, except for on Thursday morning, when you instead visit the local market. Your host and Michelin-trained chef has over 30 years of experience in the restaurant and wine worlds. Originally from Denmark, his resume includes international experience, many years running his own restaurant, and membership to many esteemed French and European culinary groups.
Some of the topics you will cover include:
- kitchen safety
- seasonal menus
- traditional preparation methods and techniques
- Local market visit on Thursday (transportation not included)
- Transfers are not included but can be arranged from the local train station (Lamballe). However, we highly recommend having your own vehicle for this trip, so that you can explore during your free time and so that you can get to the market on Thursday.