Trance di Tonno alla Calabrese (Tuna Steaks Calabrese Style)
Trance di Tonno alla Calabrese
Tuna Steaks Calabrese Style
During this time of year, there is nothing better than a light and savory dish! We asked our very own Chef Rosanna from Capo Vaticao in Calabria
to offer an easy and delicious regional fish recipe for you to make at home! If you like what Rosanna has created, you may enjoy spending a week cooking with her!
Check out our new program: Costal Calabria!
* 4 tuna steaks (weighting approximately 800 grams)
* 2 garlic cloves
* 2 tbsps. lemon juice
* sprig of fresh bay leaves
* 1 lemon
* extra virgin olive oil
* salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Pleace the tuna in a pan, sprinkle the tuna with three tablespoons of olive oil, strained lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Add two or three bay leaves, crushed garlic cloves and cover with saran wrap. Allow the tuna to marinate in the refrigerator for at least six hours, occasionally turning the tuna.
3. Remove the tuna from the marinade ensuring that all the liquid is gone. Cook the tuna in a frying pan with four tablespoons of olive oil, together with the lemon which has been cut into wedges, for approximately six minutes.
4. Sat and pepper to taste and serve.By The International Kitchen