May 6, 2021
French President Emmanuel Macron has announced the reopening plans for France, and June 9th has been pinpointed as the date international travel to France can…Read This Post
The Amalfi Coast is one of our favorite destinations, and above all other places there we love our Mediterranean Cooking Experience! Learn to cook southern Italian fare in the amazing teaching kitchen, and learn recipes that employ the area’s regional produce, fresh seafood, and local cheeses.
If you’ve never cooked with squid before, don’t be afraid! It’s an easy ingredient to work with, and one that is common in coastal Italian cuisine.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cook method: Sauté
1. Empty and clean the squid.
2. Remove the little tentacles and sauté in a frying pan (padella) with 1 tablespoon olive oil and minced garlic. Add to the pan the breadcrumbs, pitted olives, capers and a clove of garlic; all ingredients well minced (tritati).
3. Add to the pan oregano, parsley, salt and pepper, sauté for few minutes longer.
4. Remove the pan from heat. Place a bit of the mixture in each squid, closing it with a skewer (spiedino).
5. Warm a bit of olive oil in a sauté pan. Add to the pan a whole clove of garlic and the tomatoes; sauté briefly.
6. Remove the garlic clove, and add the stuffed squid to the pan. Cook gently for 20 minutes. Taste for seasonings; add salt if necessary, and enjoy!
Looking for more squid recipes? Try this one for squid casserole.
By Peg Kern
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.