Samira’s Smoked Salmon Mousse with Leek Sauce
Samira’s Smoked Salmon Mousse with Leek Sauce – from our Paris one-day class with Chef Samira.
- 7 oz smoked salmon
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- Using a food processor, process all ingredients until creamy.
- Pour mixture in buttered dish or in buttered ramekins. Place dish or ramekins
in a larger dish containing water. Water should cover bottom half of dish
- Bake in preheated oven (325°F) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove mousse from water and let cool at room temperature
before placing in the refrigerator. Serve with cold leek sauce.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small leek, white and very light green parts only, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato, about 4 ounces cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup whipping cream.
- Heat butter in a medium size pot, add leek and sauté for a couple
- Add potatoes and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook until potatoes
- Remove from heat and cool at room temperature.
- Using a blender or food processor, pure mixture until soft and creamy. Add
cream and mix well. Cool at room temperature.
For a layered look, insert either sections of cleaned fresh salmon
or a couple of cleaned large shrimp in the center of the mixture