Enjoy this fresh spring recipe from Chef Barbara in Florence, one of our most popular chefs. It’s a perfect way to start using your spring herbs! Chef Barbara’s Florence cooking classes have long been among our most popular. Her dishes are enticing, authentic and flavorful, and as a mother with a busy schedule she can appreciate the need for simple, fresh recipes like this one.
Chef Barbara also offers vegetarian and gluten-free classes!
Book one of Chef Barbara’s classes in Florence, or contact us for more details!
Pasta con Salsa di Erbe (Pasta with Fresh Herb Sauce)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Cook method: Boil
- 350 gr (12 oz) fusilli
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, blanched, seeded and diced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh sage, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh marjoram, chopped
- 8 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons salted ricotta cheese, grated, or pecorino or parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the cheese, and let rest until the pasta is cooked.
3. Drain the fusilli and place in the bowl with the sauce.
4. Add the grated ricotta and serve immediately. It is just that easy!
Learn more about Italian cuisine with these other pasta recipes:
- Pici Pasta with Tomatoes and Herbs from Cook under the Tuscan Sun
- Homemade Umbricelli Pasta with Black Truffles from a Food Lover’s Paradise in Norcia
- Ancient Grain Pasta with “Sugo Finto” from Living the Real Tuscan Dream
- Pasta with Tomato and Eggplant Sauce from Classic Tuscan Table
By Peg Kern
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.