August 3, 2021
Today is National Watermelon Day, and in honor of one of our favorite summer foods we're featuring five amazing ways to use this summer staple.…Read This Post
Indian cuisine is some of the most flavorful in the world, and this dish — Murg Awadhi Korma — exemplifies a classic dish from the city of Lucknow. The dish is packed with spices that are used in so many Indian recipes, such as cardamom and ginger, and utilizes ghee, which is clarified butter. The cooking style is important too, as ‘Korma’ means the meat has been braised in a thick sauce. This recipe makes Indian cuisine accessible even in your home kitchen. Want to learn more about Indian gastronomy? Come explore and delve into the world of Indian food with either our In-Depth Culinary Journey in North India, or Highlights of India culinary vacation.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cook method: Sauté
1. Remove the chicken skin and cut into 8 pieces.
2. Peel the ginger and garlic and crush into a fine paste.
3. Slice 100 grams of onion and fry in oil until it turns golden brown.
4. Roast 100 grams of broken cashew nuts until golden brown.
5. Blanch the almonds in hot water, remove the skin, cut into thin slice and roast it.
6. Wash and chop the fresh coriander leaves finely.
7. In a cooking pot put the ghee and whole garam masala (clove, small and big cardamom, cinnamon), allow it to crackle.
8. Then add the coriander powder, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, curd and sauté well.
9. Add the chicken pieces and cook.
10. Prepare the paste of the roasted cashew nuts and brown onions.
11. When the chicken is cooked, add the browned onion and cashew nut paste to the chicken.
12. Serve in a dish, garnished with cream, chopped fresh coriander and roasted almonds flakes.
Try these other Indian recipes:
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.