Insalata di Piovra (Octopus Salad)
h2. JUNE 2005
Insalata di Piovra (Octopus Salad) – from our new program, Veneto Culinary Experience.
Preparation time: 20 minutes. Cooking time 1 – 1 ½ hours.
* 1 big octopus (1 to 1 ½ kilos)
* 1 bay leaf
* 3 sticks of celery
* 1 jar of vinaigrette vegetables
* 4 tbsp of olive oil
* 2 tbsp of parsley
1. Wash the octopus and put it in a casserole covered with cold water. Add a bay leaf. Cook for 1 to 1 ½ hours until tender.
2. Drain the water and leave octopus to cool.
3. When cool enough to handle, discard tentacles. Open the bag and peel it off, then cut the meat into bite-size pieces and put in a basin.
4. Add some washed, finely-cut celery and vinaigrette vegetables.
5. Dress the salad with olive oil and chopped parsley.
6. Serve salad cold as an antipasto.By The International Kitchen