The Sorrentine Peninsula is regaled time and time again for its stunning coastline and charming small towns. But a trip to this part of Italy is also a delight to the tastebuds with a range of gastronomical specialties that are influenced by both the land and the sea.
It’s here, in this stunning part of the country, that Chef Giuseppe has made a home and name for himself. “I was 12 years old when I went to visit my aunt who ran a hotel not far from Rome. I spent a few weeks there and, every day, I sneaked in the chef’s kitchen to peek between the dishes he was making. I was enchanted by his work and by the clients’ compliments on his cooking. In those days, I decided that in my life I’d also become a chef!!!”
The ingredient list for this recipe is merely a suggestion. You should make it “to taste” as they say. If you prefer more octopus, add more octopus to the pot! More green beans? It’s up to you and your taste buds.
Grilled Octopus with Potatoes, Green Beans, and Cherry Tomatoes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Cook method: Boil, Grill
- 1 lb octopus, cleaned
- 1/2 lb potatoes
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- fresh oregano, to taste
- salt, to taste
1. Dice the potatoes in diced and then boil them for 7-10 minutes.
2. Boil the green bean for 5-7 minutes.
3. Cut the cherry tomatoes into 4 pieces while the potatoes and beans cool.
4. Then mix the tomatoes with the potatoes and green beads, and then add in oregano, salt, and extra virgin olive oil.
5. Boil the octopus for 35-45 minutes, then cut the tentacles in half.
6. Marinate the octopus with garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and salt, and then grill over a coal fire until they turn golden in color.
7. Serve the octopus on the potatoes, green bean, and cherry tomatoes.
Want to learn more Amalfi Coast recipes in Italy? Join us on our Amalfi Coast cooking vacations, and you’ll learn a plethora of amazing recipes!
If you want to try more recipes on the grill, how about these summer steak tacos?
By Liz Hall
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best culinary vacations.