Gnudi (Gnocchi with ricotta cheese and spinach with tomato)
Gnocchi is one of the oldest recorded dishes in the world, and every region in Italy has various versions of the pasta dish. This ricotta cheese and spinach gnudi (gnocchi) recipe hails from the Chianti Classico region.
Please contact us for details on any of our wonderful programs in Tuscany!
_Serves 4 people:_
1 1/3 lb of spinach
Half-pound of white flour
7 oz of ricotta cheese
10 tbsp of Butter
4 oz of Parmesan cheese
Salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
For the sauce:
Fresh tomato sauce
Slivers of Pecorino cheese
1. Knead together the finely cut spinach, ricotta, flour, grated Parmesan, butter, finely chopped onions, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
2. Out of the kneaded mixture, form the gnocchi and put to boil in 6-8 quarts of water.
3. On a plate, arrange a bed of the tomato sauce decorated with some basil.
4. Once the gnocchi is done, place it on top of the tomato sauce.
5. Finish the dish by topping it with some shavings of Pecorino cheese. Let the cheese melt slightly and then serve.