July 21, 2022
What is "parimgiana?" You will see this word on recipes and menus in Italy, but what exactly is it? In a nutshell, it means it…Read This Post
Norcia, a true foodie’s paradise, is home to many of Europe’s most prized ingredients, including truffles, Castelluccio lentils, and grass fed beef. In many of our recipes from our Umbria cooking vacations, these ingredients are left in their simplest and purest form, letting their flavors tell the tale!
Try this wonderful recipe for beef carpaccio from the chefs or of A Food Lover’s Paradise in Norcia, and our Cooking and Walking in Umbria culinary vacation. Both of these take place in the wonderful town of Norcia at a gorgeous Relais & Chateau hotel, whose Michelin-star Ristorante Vespasia is the location for your cooking classes.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Cook method: Assemble
1. Clean the fillet of any residual fat, and wrap it tightly in foil, forming a cylinder.
2. Let it rest in the freezer for about 30 min to ensure that the meat hardens slightly to make cutting easier. After this, slice thinly (about 1 mm) and place the slices on a serving platter.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Clean and wash all the vegetables and cut into matchsticks. Put them in a bowl with cold water to make them more crispy and leave them like that for about 30 min.
5. After this, drain the vegetables, season with oil, salt and pepper, and place on the platter.
6. Grate the salted ricotta cheese over the plate with a special grater or by using a vegetable peeler.
By Peg Kern
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.