Tuscan Bean Dip
Exercising creativity in the kitchen can really help an inspiring chef meet their niche. Changing a recipe isn’t necessarily frowned upon — its actually a great way to discover new flavors and dishes!
This is exactly what our very own Richard did after enjoying a lunch in Tuscany. When he arrived home, he made a few alterations to this regional recipe and came up with an office hit! Create this recipe at home — and try making a few adjustments of your own, whether you add different fresh herbs, dried seasonings, or different cheeses.
Tuscan Bean Dip
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Cook method: puree
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 — 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/3 — 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh rosemary, to taste
1. Empty cannellini beans into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
2. Slowly add grated Asiago cheese.
3. With machine running, add olive oil until dip has a smooth, spreadable consistency.
4. Taste and add pinch of salt if necessary.
5. Pulse in fresh rosemary to taste.
6. Spoon into serving bowl and top with a full sprig of rosemary.
7. Serve at room temperature with your favorite crackers or Tuscan bread.
This is a perfect dip to take to a potluck or serve at a dinner party. You can learn to make this and other delicious recipes on a Tuscany cooking vacation. See our website for a listing of all our culinary vacation tour packages, including detailed day to day itineraries for such best-selling culinary tours a Living the Real Tuscan Dream and A Classic Tuscan Table.
Or contact us to create a custom tour just for you including hands-on cooking classes, Tuscany wine tours, cultural excursions, and delicious meals!
By Peg Kern
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best food and wine vacations.