June 16, 2021
One of our culinary travelers' favorite activities when they participate in our Italy cooking vacations is making cheese. This is not part of every itinerary:…Read This Post
If you would like to cook something different this upcoming fall, try this wonderful recipe of lotte au curry et aux moules (monkfish with mussels and cream curry sauce) from Chef Eric in Paris! Eric, along with other chefs in his cooking school, lead a variety of French cuisine classes.
This recipe combines two amazing proteins, monkfish (or you can substitute halibut or sea bass), and mussels. What elevates it to a new level, though, is the delicious, savory curry cream sauce.
See all our one-day cooking classes in Paris.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Cook method: Simmer, Pan fry
Visit Paris on our Best of Paris culinary tour.
1. In a large saucepan add: olive oil, shallots, garlic, thyme, and wine. Let cook slowly for a few minutes and add the clean mussels. Let cook for around 10 minutes at a high heat (till the mussels open).
2. In a small saucepan, add butter and flour and cook slowly for 3 minutes. Then and mussel juice and cream and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, add saffron and curry.
3. Pan sear the fish fillet for 5 minutes on each side, add the cream and the mussels (you have previously taken the fruit out of the shell), and let cook together for 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Scoop the vegetables with a melon ball tool. Boil water with salt, add carrots and turnips. Let cook for 3 minutes, then add zucchini for 1 minute. Strain and add to the fish and the sauce.
5. For a finishing touch, garnish with diced tomatoes.
Check out some more great recipes:
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.