Lotte au curry et aux moules (Monkfish with mussels and cream curry sauce)
If you would like to cook something different this upcoming fall, try this wonderful recipe of lotte au curry et aux moules (monkfish with mussels and cream curry sauce) from our very own Chef Eric in Paris!
Eric, along with other chefs in his cooking school, lead a variety of French cuisine classes.
* 6 fillet of monkfish, halibut or sea bass
* 1 pound mussels
* 2 zucchini
* 2 peeled carrots
* 3 chopped shallots
* ¼ liter heavy cream
* ¼ liter white wine
* 1 pinch saffron
* 1 teaspoon curry
* 1 – 2 tablespoons of flour
* 1 chopped garlic
* 1 teaspoon thyme
* 1 oz olive oil
* 1 oz flour
* 1 diced tomato
* 1 stick of butter
* salt and pepper
1. In a large saucepan add: olive oil, shallots, garlic, thyme, and wine. Let cook slowly for a few minutes and add the clean mussels. Let cook for around 10 minutes at a high heat (till the mussels open).
2. In a small saucepan, add butter and flour and cook slowly for 3 minutes. Then and mussel juice and cream and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, add saffron and curry.
3. Pan sear the fish fillet for 5 minutes on each side, add the cream and the mussels (you have previously taken the fruit out of the shell), and let cook together for 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Scoop the vegetables with a melon ball tool. Boil water with salt, add carrots and turnips. Let cook for 3 minutes, then add zucchini for 1 minute. Strain and add to the fish and the sauce.
5. For a finishing touch, garnish with diced tomatoes.