August 3, 2021
Today is National Watermelon Day, and in honor of one of our favorite summer foods we're featuring five amazing ways to use this summer staple.…Read This Post
Wine harvest time isn’t just about working in the fields. There are a plethora of recipes that focus on wine and grapes in European cuisine, and many of them feature prominently during wine harvest festivals.
We’ve written before about Tuscan wines from Chianti to Super Tuscans, from Brunello di Montepulciano to Bolgheri. There are a hundred and one ways to incorporate these amazing wines into your dishes as well!
For dinner tonight, why not try this delicious but easy Risotto al Chianti Classico (Risotto with Chianti Classico Wine) from one of our favorite parts of Italy, the Chianti.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cook method: simmer
1. Peel and chop the onion.
2. Put the olive oil and onion in a soup pot and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté until golden brown.
3. Add the rice, mixing well, and then add the meat broth. Continue to stir the rice as it cooks (total time approximately 16 minutes).
4. When the rice is halfway done, add the red wine.
5. When the rice is almost done, add the grated parmesan cheese and butter.
6. Salt to taste and serve hot, accompanied, of course, by a glass of Chianti Classico!
Interested in learning more about the wine harvest, or about using wine and grapes in your cooking? A cooking vacation in Tuscany might be just the ticket for you!
By Peg Kern
Check out more of our risotto recipes, including:
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.