Recipe for Greek Chicken Souvlaki
May 25, 2023
When summer rolls around, it is time to pull out the grill. My family loves anything cooked on the grill, and it's a lot more…Read This Post
If it’s April and early spring, then chances are asparagus will be plentiful in France! Renowned chef, journalist, and cookbook author Susan Herrmann Loomis loves working with seasonal produce that she buys from the local market, and asparagus is no exception. In her Louviers home she explores the fresh, wonderful flavors of Normandy cuisine.
Discover these flavors in your own home with her wonderful and simple recipe for asparagus with spring onions and parmesan. Or, try cooking them in France on one of our France cooking vacations!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Cook method: Steam
Browse all our culinary vacations.
1. Rinse the asparagus.
2. Bring 2 cups of water to boil under a steam and over medium-high heat.
3. Put the asparagus in the steamer, cover, and steam until the asparagus is tender (but not mushy). This will take about 4 to 8 minutes, depending on the freshness of the asparagus.
4. While the asparagus steams, put the onions, olive oil, and cheese into a shallow bowl. Mix well.
5. When the asparagus is down cooking, transfer it immediately from the steamer to the bowl. Toss it gently in the cheese and onion mixture. Let sit for around 5 minutes.
6. Right before serving, sprinkle it with some fleur de del as well as pepper, if desired.
7. Serve with a wonderful French wine, and enjoy!
Check out some more great recipes:
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.
Find more photos, videos, food facts, and travel stories from The International Kitchen on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.