Welcome! We are delighted to have you visit the premier culinary travel company. Our company's owner, Karen Herbst, pioneered the concept of "cooking vacations" almost 20 years ago, and today The International Kitchen remains the leader in the industry, now offering over 90 cooking vacations and over 50 choices for one-day cooking classes. Our credo and promise to you: a top quality, authentic, intimate cooking experience, with lots of laughter and friendship and memories to last a lifetime.
The popularity of culinary travel has spawned many imitators. Now more than ever, it is critical that you be careful when choosing a culinary vacation and make sure you are dealing with a full time, professional organization. We "vet" our cooking vacations all the time by visiting and experiencing them ourselves; in fact, many of our "imitators" sell programs that we have dropped due to a lack of quality.
How else are we different than other tour operators in the culinary world?
- We specialize exclusively in culinary travel.
- We have both set departures and dates on request for as few as 2 people.
- The maximum number in our classes is never more than 8 to 12, depending on the size of the kitchen, unless booked by a private group.
- We are recognized and recommended by the Italian, French, and Spain tourist offices and have received awards for our programs and services.
- We have 24/7 contact numbers for any problems before and during travel.
- We have the knowledge and buying power to assist with any pre and/or post travel at competitive rates.
- We offer programs in 9 countries, and are always looking to expand our offerings once we know that we can offer a top quality experience.
We encourage you to contact us for more information or further details: 800-945-8606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the location: Tavarnelle is Italian for tavern, and in this quaint town of Tavarnelle Val di Pesa among the Tuscan hills, you’ll be greeted...
About the Location: Norcia, a town famed for its black truffles, its nestled in the center of the region of Umbria, completely enclosed by its...
Located just three kilometers from the historical city of Cortona, famous for its hidden treasures and gorgeous landscapes, Il Falconiere is a small, luxury hotel...
About the location: Le Calabash Cooking School is located on the river Creuse in the heart of the Indre et Loire region, set in a...
Imagine stepping into a haven of luxury in blue and white sitting atop a cliff facing the crystal blue of the sea during this six-night...more
All I can say is: wow! My wife and I had such a great time and learned so much. Everyone associated with this trip was...more