Living the Real Tuscan Dream
Tuscany is one of the world’s most popular destinations, and its increase in popularity make the “authentic” Tuscany at time a little harder to find. But look no further! This unique culinary vacation is meant exclusively for those who are looking for a true Tuscan experience, the one lived by the Tuscans themselves. Immerse yourself in the Chianti countryside, take a break from the hi-tech world by embracing local slow rhythms and medieval rituals, and rediscover the pleasures and pure joy of simple food, gorgeous scenery, and beautiful souls!
Chef Andrea defines himself as a Chianti “host” which explains a lot about his personality. An avid adventurer and great communicator, he has lived in Chianti his entire life, knows every single corner of the region, and through his different professional ventures has always shared his limitless passion for his land: he ran a restaurant, gave guided visits to a historical winery for years, and has organized Tuscan dinners all around the US.
What essentially marks the difference in between Italian and other cuisines is the importance of fresh and tasty ingredients versus the preparation techniques. Apart from the cooking phase which is of course a key component, the focus of this culinary trip is definitely the “journey” that all the local ingredients made before ending up in the kitchen. You will pick up the veggies from the chef’s garden, learn more about the seasonal ingredients and talk to the local producers (meat, cheese, olive oil, wine and more).
Living the Real Tuscan Dream Trip Details
Included in the 6-Night Trip
6 nights accommodations in farmhouse
Food & Beverages
- Daily breakfast
- 4 lunches
- 6 dinners
- Local wine included with all included meals
Classes & Instructors
4 cooking classes on authentic Tuscan cuisine featuring:
- visits to Andrea’s garden to pick fruits and vegetables
- classic Tuscan recipes
- pizza and bread making class
- a special seasonal food visit based on the time of year, such as mushrooming in September or foraging for wild asparagus in the spring
- Half-day excursion to Siena, including tour with licensed guide
- Visit of Dievole winery with Andrea
- Seasonal food excursion on day 4
- Excursion to southern Tuscany featuring Montepulciano, Pienza, and a cheese producer
- Roundtrip transfers from Florence airport or train station